Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Freddie44's / London Classica - 997.1 GT3 CS running report

RPM where great (if a bit slow) at fabricating the "Decibel Devils" for me but I'm yet to find the time to test them out yet.
Monday, 10th Nov's Porsche GB track day at Goodwood will be their debut.
Anyone else going from here?

I've been preoccupied of late by something very small and very Italian:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97742

:thumb:

We didn't make Goodwood today but we did enjoy a great lunch and an even better blat around the South Downs

Nice day-off spent warming the fluids :D

31deff985e032fa29b452b89167866c7_zpsb7e2cfb8.jpg

9c48f1ef9e0c962bd8df12775489ddca_zpsbb1f9a9d.jpg

fb2c4f07bb5753edffb11574e1350688_zpsbf5139ce.jpg

364ac7b7841734812b370189ea7e62c0_zpsd561edfb.jpg

Just wanted to double check:
No reason to get any other tyre than the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's, is there?
Be 'ok' for some winter driving won't they?

Cheers
:thumb:

They will be "interesting" below 7 degrees. The lack of tread depth combined with the track focus of the rubber will mean that you won't have a lot of grip when it's cold. Supersports are noticeably better when it gets cold & wet.

Thanks Nick. I'll give it some more thought then - super sports might be my best compromise.

You could probably source a set of used wheels with winter rubber on them from eBay for about a grand otherwise? Anything in 19" for a narrow bodied shell will be fine.

Disco said:
You could probably source a set of used wheels with winter rubber on them from eBay for about a grand otherwise? Anything in 19" for a narrow bodied shell will be fine.

Cheers Colin. Its a good idea but for living in London and my lack of space to stick the summer set anywhere.
I've already asked a lot of my dad - he has an Alfa in his car port at the moment :oops: - and can just see his face when I suggest a set of fat 19" alloys are heading into his already packed garage :oops:

So Supersports seem the best compromise + as my car is currently on PS2's its a little upgrade (i think) before I head towards full-fat Cup 2's one day... :thumb:

Well that was fun :)

The route from my wife's parents house near Evesham to my parents place in Burford is basically a 45min rally stage of pure and utter joy. Driving back on Christmas eve night was utterly brilliant and exactly why I love this car so much. Just so dam good.

It takes in fast country roads and includes the brilliant 4-way hairpins of Broadway Tower (not sure of its real name) with sand run offs - amazing fun. However, I think I've learnt the value of winter rubber, and the fact I could do with some as the lower temps over the last few days did take away some of the fun factor.. becomes more a matter of survival than outright fun..

Hope everyone had a good one and got out driving :thumb:

Happy New Year to the 911uk peeps :thumb:

3fd7d03d60f125101d37b3c6ed4b4718_zps5fa458e5.jpg

14d5a2982d7fb665ab89d21bea238658_zps13f4f5fd.jpg

Crimbo2014020_zps141e2dd9.jpg

I am awaiting my royalties from John Lewis...

G033_zpsd0e03666.jpg

PS - the X pipe is AMAZING :grin:

Cheers Roro. Have you got any TD's booked in for next year yet..?
We should make a 911uk TD 2015 diary... :wink:

freddie44 said:

Only trackday in the diary so far is the RS day at Oulton. My focus next year is a house purchase, after that I'll allow myself some trackday financial irresponsibility :grin:

Stuart said:
Freddie were you passing Virginia Water a couple of weekends ago?

Hi Stu,
Yes, a couple of Saturdays ago I was on my way to Ascot...

Roro said:
freddie44 said:

Only trackday in the diary so far is the RS day at Oulton. My focus next year is a house purchase, after that I'll allow myself some trackday financial irresponsibility :grin:

Well good luck Roro with a house purchase. It's a great feeling owning your own place :thumb:

freddie44 said:
Roro said:
freddie44 said:

Well good luck Roro with a house purchase. It's a great feeling owning your own place :thumb:

Cheers dude, it'll actually be my second property (if I ever bloody find it!!) :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back