Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Do different wheels create warranty issues?

wilpert

Indianapolis
Doing a bit of tweaking/enhancing on my turbo s.
First job should be getting some plastics painted body colour and black gloss.
Also considering some new wheels, not as a replacement but as a swap option I.e summer/winter, something I've done in the past that just keeps me happy.

Anyway, somebody said the bbs re mtsp are good but I was also thinking of other options such as hre but I'd really welcome any suggestions here. Need to be centre locks of course and size 20". Looking for silver and would be delighted if I could pick up a decent used set with tyres. 😀

So the question that I have is, if I swap wheels for non Porsche, is there any way that it create warranty issues with anything else that could go wrong with the car down the line. I know different wheels won't cause an engine fault but let's say suspension problems or brakes, could Porsche use this as a warranty escape - I know it seems far fetched but.....

Look forward to your opinions please.

Attachments

• a4950485_bba3_4ee1_a6a8_b135f1e91861_149.jpeg
    a4950485_bba3_4ee1_a6a8_b135f1e91861_149.jpeg
    403 KB · Views: 1,870
I can't see this being a problem. Worse case, just put your original wheels back on before visiting the garage.

The more difficult issue could be finding somewhere / someone with the equipment to remove your centre locks. Unless you can do them yourself? :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back