Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Diagnostic system for 987.2 (2012) Cayman

9xxnick

Spa-Francorchamps
As a shortly-to-be-new-to-me Cayman 987.2 owner, what is/are considered to be the best options for diagnostic and coding units for this model? I understand quite a lot of the car's components need to be coded to the vehicle if changed, as well as items such as resetting brakes, so that capability would be critical for me.

Happy to add pictures once the deal's been finalised and I have possession.

From what I can tell there are 3 level of code readers
1 £20-£30 units from eBay etc with limited coding capabilities
2 £150 units from Foxwell or ICarsoft, with increased capabilities, reset abs pumps, refill PDKs etc
3 Duurametric units, which are sold with various licences levels that are similar to the level of PIWIS in terms of capabilities. I think the licensing level restricts the amount of cars you work on to ensure a garage doesn’t buy the DIY version.

I would suggest either a Foxwell or ICarsoft but suggest you research which functions you need. I moved away from an ICarsoft por v2 to a Foxwell NT530 as I had to code a new steering wheel and refill the ABS pump and the icarsoft couldn’t do the wheel.

There’s a long write up on the icarsoft on this site and finally if you have multiple cars extra modules can be purchased for the Foxwell.

Write up on the iCarsoft por v2 here

Nb there may be a newer version now ? And for not much more you can get the unit which does more than just porsche

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back