Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Definitive list of oils/fluids which need changing

thefunkygibbon

Spa-Francorchamps
Ok my 4S PDK is due its 12 year stuff and am looking at doing it myself or getting my local garage to do it for me if i am struggling for time.

I've been trying to find the definitive list of what needs changing and have come up with the following, but am unsure.

Oil/Filter (0w40?) 9 litres
Brake Fluid - 1 litre Motul DOT 5.1 Long Life Fully Synthetic Brake & Clutch Fluid
AWD Controller Oil - 1 litre Porsche All-Wheel Drive Controller Oil
PDK Clutch Oil - 6 litres Pentosin FFL-3 Synthetic PDK Transmission Fluid
PDK Trans Oil - 3 litres Motul Gear 300 75W-90 Oil
Front Diff Oil - 1 litre - Porsche 75W-90 Gear Oil

Has anyone got any recommendations of which oils etc to buy too? from what I have seen so far at least a couple of those oils are the same type despite being used in different places. is that right? (i'm far from an expert at this sort of thing!)

thanks in advance

2wd doesn't have a front diff.

I did all these last year...

I could only source the AWD fluid from Porsche direct (unless you want 200ltr barrel of it):

000-043-305-40 - Mobilfluid LT 75W-80 (1 ltrs)
000-043-305-49 - Mobilube PTX 75W90 (4 ltrs)
000-043-305-13 - Pentosin FFL-3 (5 ltrs)

The Pentosin FFL3 is now Fuchs Titan FFL-3 ...I paid £70 from eBay for 5ltrs.

I also replaced the PDK filter which is built into the sump.

Hope this helps.

At the same time I purchased a Foxwell NT530 (~£130) which allows you to put the PDK into fill mode, reset the service interval and other cool stuff

Cool, I already have the foxwell.
just for clarity, which oils which you listed are for which aspects?
Mobilube = trans fluid
Mobilfluid = front diff
?

000-043-305-40 - Mobilfluid LT 75W-80 (1 ltrs) - AWD controller (0.9ltr) rear chamber

000-043-305-49 - Mobilube PTX 75W90 (4 ltrs) - PDK gearbox (2.95ltrs) & Front differential (0.9ltrs) front chamber

000-043-305-13 - Pentosin FFL-3 (5 ltrs) - PDK wet clutches

ref the PDK filter in the sump .. this is not a cheap item to replace , some garages replace it out of hand whilst others don't ..

I've looked at this filter and it's a coarse mesh type .. it's not to filter out small particles and as such i don't feel the cost justifies replacement ..

That's just my opinion though and i'm sure other garages will disagree with me .

Changing PDK clutch fluid as a DIY .. technically you don't need a tester to open the clutches as they are unlikely to bleed out on fluid removal .. so in a sense you could treat it like an automatic where by you drain out the fluid ..
Start the car , engage all gears then fill the box to the lvl ..
Get the box oil to 35 degrees whilst oil drains out of the fill hole then refit the bung .

Porsche do say the oil level in these Must be correct hence i would always advocate using a tester but after some online research then people have done it the automatic box way .

PDK gear oil is at 12 years and the bungs are the opposite side of the box from the clutch oil .. access is a bit of a pain in the butt though .

PDK clutch oil is at 6 years up until model year 2014 ... no idea why the 2014 box has switched to 12 years though .

It is possible that after a PDK clutch oil change there will be a difference in shift patterns .. mainly for those that keep an eye on the exact speed / rpm that the box changes at .. give it a few miles to wear in .

deMort said:
ref the PDK filter in the sump .. this is not a cheap item to replace , some garages replace it out of hand whilst others don't ..

I've looked at this filter and it's a coarse mesh type .. it's not to filter out small particles and as such i don't feel the cost justifies replacement ..

That's just my opinion though and i'm sure other garages will disagree with me .

Changing PDK clutch fluid as a DIY .. technically you don't need a tester to open the clutches as they are unlikely to bleed out on fluid removal .. so in a sense you could treat it like an automatic where by you drain out the fluid ..
Start the car , engage all gears then fill the box to the lvl ..
Get the box oil to 35 degrees whilst oil drains out of the fill hole then refit the bung .

Porsche do say the oil level in these Must be correct hence i would always advocate using a tester but after some online research then people have done it the automatic box way .

PDK gear oil is at 12 years and the bungs are the opposite side of the box from the clutch oil .. access is a bit of a pain in the butt though .

PDK clutch oil is at 6 years up until model year 2014 ... no idea why the 2014 box has switched to 12 years though .

It is possible that after a PDK clutch oil change there will be a difference in shift patterns .. mainly for those that keep an eye on the exact speed / rpm that the box changes at .. give it a few miles to wear in .

Agreed it's overpriced for a plastic sump pan all because the filter isn't replaceable. But I figured it's not too bad considering I'll only ever need to replace it once.

Regarding the tester - when you enable "fill mode" it disables the internal pump and allows ever so slightly more fluid to be added ...but it really was a marginal difference and not necessary imo.

Yup .. that's what i had read ..

Sometimes it is difficult for me to answer a question though , as i do this for a living i have to say the Porsche way to do things .. with something like this i'm kinda happy for the Non porsche way .. but i can't really recommend it .

Caught between a rock and a hard place at times ref my liabilities !

Hints are allowed though :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back