Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dateless 911 plate for sale: 911 6WX

Tom, apologies if the comments have upset you, but one could interpret your first response to T8's comment about the spacing being incorrect as 'brutal' too, your witty 'jib' actually gave the impression that you were up for and expecting a bit of banter, it's the internet and it's what happens.

Like I say, don't take it personally, and I struggle to see where you've found hostility in other areas of the forum, it's genuinely a helpful place (other than for those trying to sell number plates!).

Tom
Your post is rather enlightening as to the broad church and you are no exception to the diversity of the members. I hope you read this thread and the following comments from here on in. As I said, and MisterCorn reiterated, the number plate sub-forum is our back shed, if you like. Your claim of being unwelcoming or unfriendly is absolutely untrue. If you were to wade into the rest of the forum, you'll find all new members are welcomed warmly and enthusiastically. Don't take my word on it, spend some time in the newbie subforum and all you'll see is thread after thread of genuine people being welcomed. Only non genuine members(chat bots/Indian trolls/etc) get weeded out.
To further hammer the point home, if you were to look through the forum and read through threads where people have had a catastrophic failure, you'll see nothing but a pouring out of support for that person, offering consolation and advice on how to resolve their predicament.
One last point, if you were to attend any of the events that get out on through the year, you'd find that this group is in fact a welcoming and inclusive group of people. Moving to the UK, I knew no one around where I live. There wasn't a local meet so suggested on here if any one was interested. Heading into a 3rd year of meets, I can tell you that in the north west, we have a community of some of the nicest guys you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting, albeit they stick the needle in when it comes to being Aussie. We've had members from other regions come and visit, again just more great people. I know that if I attended any other regions meet, I'd be welcomed with open arms.
So before you slate this ecosystem off, have a broad look at what really goes in here, and not an ancillary corner of this forum where you were into.
I hope you get a chance to read this, and the above posts and it changes hour mind on 911uk

I could call custard but I'm not sure what I would get back. It might be some interesting cars and interesting stories, now that would have been the way to have joined the forum.......maybe, perhaps :dont know:

Once I got to the end of your rant (which is full of inaccuracies again but hey if you truly believe that one wrong excuses another who am I to point out the obvious :dont know: ) I notice that you are actually selling the plate for £500.........why didn't you say :thumb:

Now thats not far off the mark.......you just need someone prepared to drive around in a mis-spaced plate.......as you say thats not the end of the world......but as you well know it not 'right" either :roll:

Ps I bet your a Utd fan......don;t go on the footy thread, I don't;t think it will be for you :hand:

jonttt said:
I could call custard but I'm not sure what I would get back. It might be some interesting cars and interesting stories, now that would have been the way to have joined the forum.......maybe, perhaps :dont know:

Once I got to the end of your rant (which is full of inaccuracies again but hey if you truly believe that one wrong excuses another who am I to point out the obvious :dont know: ) I notice that you are actually selling the plate for £500.........why didn't you say :thumb:

Now thats not far off the mark.......you just need someone prepared to drive around in a mis-spaced plate.......as you say thats not the end of the world......but as you well know it not 'right" either :roll:

Ps I bet your a Utd fan......don;t go on the footy thread, I don't;t think it will be for you :hand:

:grin:

spongebob squarepants said:
jonttt said:

:grin:

+1 :grin:

Anybody reading this thread would think that Pistonheads is a gentleman's club in comparison.
Give Tom a break. Actually he is a very good writer and expresses himself well.
He is like a tourist turning the wrong way down a dark alley in a bad neighbourhood. That is the fate of anyone daring to advertise a private plate on 911UK., he wasn't to know that and should be apologised to really..

He came onto the forum with the sole intention of selling a plate at an inflated price based on him encouraging a buyer to use it illegally and used some dodgy analogies to justify that aim...........yes he articulated that well I'll give him that but that's does not make it right IMHO :nooo:

It very very rarely happens on this forum, almost exclusively re a plate sale, for the same reasons somehow :?:

kitesurfer said:
Anybody reading this thread would think that Pistonheads is a gentleman's club in comparison.
Give Tom a break. Actually he is a very good writer and expresses himself well.
He is like a tourist turning the wrong way down a dark alley in a bad neighbourhood. That is the fate of anyone daring to advertise a private plate on 911UK., he wasn't to know that and should be apologised to really..

Really? Just take it as it was meant (ie a joke) Autism is a separate issue, plenty of people have issues, I for one wouldnt want to broadcast them to all and sundry on here :roll:

I take it my offer of £250 is a no then :dont know:

The problem with the registrations for sale thread is people tend to join and then there very first post is to offer up a 'gash' plate for big dough seeing Porsche owners as an easy touch who will over-pay. We don't all wear rose-tinted specs, we only don those after we've bought it.

Actually it's not a bad plate, tenuous link to 911 but of value to someone other than a 911 owner or Walter X-Ray.

This thread reminds me of the fun I used to have with those free 'for sale' ads in the local newspaper. I once advertised an 'Eelephant's Blurther, good condition, must sell, space needed, £50' inserting my chum's home phone number. Indeed he got some calls, mainly answered by his dad who would immediately put the phone down. One interested buyer was very persistant who before giving up said "Please. please don't put the phone down again, but can you tell me what it is?" :grin:

Pistonheads is ruthless and Rennlist don't get British humour. One chap on the latter when describing the 'fag lighter' in his 964 had to follow it up with an apology it was not about burning homsexuals.

Advice on Porsche ownership is free and plentiful on here. :thumb:

kitesurfer said:
That is the fate of anyone daring to advertise a private plate on 911UK., he wasn't to know that...

:?:

Tom Clarke said:
Hello all, this is a typical first time post selling a registration which I can see from some other threads you all absolutely adore around here.

joke_alert.gif

The "gash" plate worth "£200 max" sold for £800 plus fees so relatively close to what the online company valued it at and is now on a grey 911.

Shows what the opinions on here are worth.

Tom Clarke said:
The "gash" plate worth "£200 max" sold for £800 plus fees so relatively close to what the online company valued it at and is now on a grey 911.

So spaced like you advertised it will be illegal and not comply with MOT standards :dont know:

There's always one mug punter out there, it just takes time finding one. Well done for your perseverance :thumb:

Tom Clarke said:

Well done.....thats a good price :thumb: ......

They will need to factor in for 2 sets of plates though if they want to pass the MOT :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back