Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dateless 911 plate for sale: 911 6WX

Hi Guys

I was at a car meet this weekend, and quite apart from any other marques with non standard number plates there were some exotic Porsches with small stick on front number plates. I saw Audi R8 the other day with a small stick on numberplate on the inside of the windshield above where rear view mirror sticks on. And we have all seen the Lambos driving around with no visible front number plates.

Do these cars actually get pulled over? Will the average MOT tester fail such vehicles?

I have no experience of such things. I was toying with a small stick on plate for the front of my Boxster tho.......

Berni

jonttt said:
So you change lanes without signalling :eek: , you state no cars are around as mitigation .......with no consideration at all for the pedestrian who has no idea you where going to turn that you can;t see in the dark :judge:

You put you fog lights on when not needed ....blinding other drivers in the process :judge:

You space the plate illegally so after an accident you caused and there is only a partial registration recorded by a witness it is misleading as to the format ie people tend to remember the format of a registration before the digits, in your case 3 x 3 rather than the 4 x 2 it should be :judge:

Whilst I appreciate the jest of your post it is technical ill conceived ie it shows you don't;t actually know what your talking about and why illegally spacing plates is........illegal :roll:

Plates which require illegal spacing are cheap for a reason :roll:

Good luck with the sale :thumb:

BIG JOCK LIVES :worship:

Tom Clarke said:
I have no idea why my reply was posted four times, but I think it backs up my defiance of convention and supports basically everything I said :)

I like your style TC ......!!

GLWTS.......

911TEL said:
Tom Clarke said:
I have no idea why my reply was posted four times, but I think it backs up my defiance of convention and supports basically everything I said :)

I like your style TC ......!!

GLWTS.......

I bet he sells it for £800 + Fees........ :wink:

Tom Clarke said:
Hello all, this is a typical first time post selling a registration which I can see from some other threads you all absolutely adore around here.

Many moons ago I owned a 997 C2 which I wish I'd never sold it and miss frequently. Whilst in my ownership I purchased the plate "911 6WX". At the time there were many 911 plates available, most of them were prohibitively expensive or not dateless. I wanted a short, dateless plate which contained 911 and this was the best value I could find at the time.

It's been sitting idley in a draw for many years, but this week I purchased a Williams Clio as a restoration project and decided the 911 plate would be sold with the proceeds being invested into the project.

One of the usual registration websites has valued it at just over £1000. I expect they'll add fees which will bump the listed price up and make it a less attractive proposition to anybody considering it if I have them sell it for me. I know when I was searching every little mattered, especially considering these are purely vanity items.

I thought I'd float it on a Porsche owners/enthusiasts forum before going ahead and having one of the websites list it so that if anybody spots it and wants it they can avoid paying the big companies fees.

I'm happy to consider sensible offers close to the valuation.

Thank you very much for your time reading this, I hope for somebody this is just the thing they've been looking for.

Regards,

Tom.

Hi, is the plate still available?

RobFrost said:
Hi, is the plate still available?

:floor: You missed this bargain chum, it 'allegedly' sold for £800 +fees

FZP said:
https://www.lep.co.uk/news/crime/ferrari-seized-and-towed-away-lancashire-police-clampdown-supercars-no-front-number-plate-650960
Depends on what mood Monsieur Plod is in. There are many cars around here who don't bother with the front plate, and the, I don't see why one is required, given your 2 wheeled cousins don't have to sully the front of their lovely machines

One word truvelo....

spongebob squarepants said:
If you juggle 1172 round enough times you get 9116 :grin: :dont know:

1172 would look good on a 100E Ford Anglia ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back