Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Damn need an opinion guys on wheels guys

Black all day long

vote here for silver. Somehow the black simultaneously ages and slightly cheapens the look of your e46, just my two-pence!

Silver or black?

Go with nature:-

Then you can't go wrong

Bees come yellow and black, "keep away and don't play with me, I am dangerous"

I can't think of anything in nature that comes silver, and certainly not yellow and silver.

Sorry never have been or will be a fan of black wheels, they always seem to get lost in the arches.

I'm a massive fan of the deep dish CSL style wheel but the silver doesn't suit the yellow e46 very well in my opinion.

Personally I would go for graphite wheels or change the colour of the car!

Black looks good against the cars colour, however a thin body coloured pinstripe around the outside edge would look great IMO. Similar to the latest Gen II 991GT3 Option. :thumb:

C.

RJW1881 said:
Sorry never have been or will be a fan of black wheels, they always seem to get lost in the arches.

I'm a massive fan of the deep dish CSL style wheel but the silver doesn't suit the yellow e46 very well in my opinion.

Personally I would go for graphite wheels or change the colour of the car!

:agree:

....or go full banana and paint em yellow!

a) Black = the trend back in the day

b) Silver = the modern classic that it is

Question: if you're wearing adidas trainers, do you:

a) Have the laces behind the tongue or

b) Not?

Hint: a) :nooo: b) :thumb:

Not a fan of black wheels to be honest, too " Gangsta " for me, but then I`m not keen on the bright silver wheels on a yellow car either :sad:

Something in the middle would do it, GT silver/graphite would do the trick for me :grin:

I don't know what forum I am on any more. This cross posting is twisting my melon, man.

MC

MisterCorn said:
I don't know what forum I am on any more. This cross posting is twisting my melon, man.

MC

Is this still a Porsche forum?

MisterCorn said:

MC

Says he who I have seen driving every other car Marque in the world other than a Porsche :grin:

Get your ducks in a row MC, or your melons man :D

If it has to be black or silver, then silver every time personally.
Black is a bit chav and more importantly loses all the detail of the wheel.

My wife's Abarth came with black wheels.

They only look good/clean for about 5 miles after a wash then they go brown.
I put up with them for 2500 miles then had them done gunmetal grey this week.
That's what I'd do with yours probably as someone said on page 1.

It's all just personal preference though eh.

Awesome fleet you have there though. Hat's off to you. :thumb:

In the picture the black gets lost the silver pops!

Silver vote for me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back