Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ceramic coating Y pipe

tgdesign

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi All

I am looking to get my do88 Y pipe on my 997 turbo ceramic coated.
It needs recovering after I modded it.

The coating company says it will reduce heat soak by 15 % -20%.

I am also looking to get the car tuned now it has Kline exhaust & do88 big kit, is the coating worth doing?

I know tuned cars are always having issues with heat.

The coating is Zircotec ceramic coating?

:?: :?:

:thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• y_pipe_111.jpg
    y_pipe_111.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 973
They did the non chrome parts of my tips in black and can recommend them. Not cheap but a great job.

I have the DO88 Y pipe on my 7GT2, it replaced an IPD item, the DO88 piece certainly flows better, I noticed improved throttle response after fitting.

Regarding the coating, I would say not to bother, firstly the claims of 15% means what ? at 50C air intake temp a reduction of 7.5C "if" the coating works as claimed, I'd like to see evidence before buying.
I think the fact that the DO88 piece is quite thin certainly compared to the IPD means that it is unlikely to store the heat through heat soak and with airflow over it from the engine lid vents above is likely to be able to conduct the heat out of it quite efficiently whereas if you ceramic coat it is it more likely to retain the heat it has as the cooling air cannot penetrate ?

That's my thinking FWIW :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back