Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S Cab spec and allocation

zangezur

I currently have a C4S coupe delivered in May 2019. Last August I ordered a C4S Cabriolet since I decided I really wanted a cabriolet after driving the coupe. My OPC has told me (as another post has mentioned) that Porsche has restricted production in the first half of 2021 because of COVID (he didn't mention Brexit) and they were prioritising the Taycan, though I thought they had a new factory for that.

Here is the spec for cab in any case:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PM7N3VS9

Not everyone's favourite colour, but my current 992 is Agate Grey and I want something a bit brighter!

I love the colour, especially for a cab 8)

....thats quite some options list........the only one I personally think is overrated is the park assist at >£2k.....will you really use it......I had it on my last daily and used it once just because I could and never used it again :dont know:

Is climate control (dual air con) finally standard on a £100k+ Car :grin:

They built a new factory on the same site to produce the Taycan but I don't know whether they took on extra staff to fully man it. Perhaps they switch people from one plant to another. :dont know:

jonttt said:
I love the colour, especially for a cab 8)

....thats quite some options list........the only one I personally think is overrated is the park assist at >£2k.....will you really use it......I had it on my last daily and used it once just because I could and never used it again :dont know:

Is climate control (dual air con) finally standard on a £100k+ Car :grin:

This is pretty much the spec of my coupe, except the colour, and park assist. I love all the options but I am not sure about Park Assist. I just thought it would be useful when parking in city underground car parks which always makes me nervous. Especially on the continent they are very tight and this options seems to add curb warnings. I have used the front axle lift many times, very useful. Climate control has been standard as far as I know, I think it was on my 2019 C4S. I have black wheels on my coupe but they are hard to keep clean, so I am going for something that is hopefully easier.

Wow that is quite some spec.

My take would be, you might consider adding leather or race-tex sun visors as you will see the plastics ones all on a convertible. The seatbelts are an excellent call, but the red might clash (in real life) with the orange? I would probably match them with chalk to match the seat stitching? I love my chalk seatbelts which match the stitching.

If you are getting Porsche Steering Plus, ( I recommend you don't, as you can't remove it on a 992), not sure I wouldn't bother with sports suspension, (-10mm) if you do.

If you are getting the adaptive cruse AND the lane keep assist then just get the InnoDrive as it does all the same things and adds some extra function but will cost you less. But that's how I understand it, the dearer should confirm.

Tom

findtom said:
Wow that is quite some spec.

My take would be, you might consider adding leather or race-tex sun visors as you will see the plastics ones all on a convertible. The seatbelts are an excellent call, but the red might clash (in real life) with the orange? I would probably match them with chalk to match the seat stitching? I love my chalk seatbelts which match the stitching.

If you are getting Porsche Steering Plus, ( I recommend you don't, as you can't remove it on a 992), not sure I wouldn't bother with sports suspension, (-10mm) if you do.

If you are getting the adaptive cruse AND the lane keep assist then just get the InnoDrive as it does all the same things and adds some extra function but will cost you less. But that's how I understand it, the dearer should confirm.

Tom

Thanks Tom. Very good advice. Luckily I have some time before I have to set it in stone so I think I will go with your suggestions.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
white981gt4
Back