Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2 Manual Bellhousing top bolt

Great updates and interesting thread.

Will have to remember Helical gearboxes for if and when time comes for mine to be rebuilt.

Reasonable cost wise?

Jamesx19 said:
Reasonable cost wise?

I'd say to budget for £1,500 if you catch it early enough. My fix would be £1,200 + VAT.

I'd expected to do this shortly after buying it, but as I didn't do a lot of mileage, I drove it around for 18 months, fixing lots of other niggles first, before taking it off road to do the "gearbox out" stuff like brake lines, clutch line and OSV bellows.

I'd say, all in, the car stands me for around £10K now, from the £7,000 purchase price, back when it had a dented wing and scabby bonnet, with loads of niggly faults. It's now a pretty solid car which should be fault free, other than the intermittent rear spoiler light not going out.

It's a keeper, so whilst the gearbox is out, I'm doing jobs which might crop up in the coming years, slave cylinder and hose/pipe, 997 upgraded clutch release arm assembly etc.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back