Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake pipe spring spacer "thing"

spangled

I've decided to replace my ageing flexible brake hoses and any of the short steel pipes which look a bit too much like a twiglet for my peace of mind.

As I'll be making up my own cunifer replacement pipes, does anyone know where I can get hold of the spring/spacer thing that holds the flexi pipe against it's bracket when the hard pipe is connected? See pic below for what I'm babbling about.

Attachments

• brake_pipe_149.jpg
    brake_pipe_149.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,096
No sooner do I post, than i think I've found something at least roughly equivalent - all over ebay.

Searching for "Brake hose spring clip" turned these up - not quite the same as original, but I'm sure they'll work the same.

Attachments

• brake_clip_495.png
    brake_clip_495.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,086
Looks like it. For the smaller pipes I would just buy from OPC, very cheap. The first ones lasted 20 years, so should be good for another 20. The longer ones can be pricey so understand why you might want to make your own.

MC

Also be aware that there are long and short fittings when making your own pipes. Use the short ones on the ends with the sorings or they won,'t clamp up.

MC

Thanks for the tip - I'll be sure to double check the length of the fittings.

With a big coil of cunifer, a drawer full of fittings and a flaring tool to hand, it's difficult to justify spending almost any money on rigid brake lines though.

My main worry is getting the offside flexi hoses off and making sure I can reconnect to the rigid pipes - I don't want to have to drop the gearbox and/or the front subframe for this job! :nooo:

I know what you mean, but when the shorter pipes are a fiver I do like to have the look of the original pipes. Always check prices with OPC. I think they are set on some sort of wheel of fortune basis.

MC

OK, point taken if they're potentially as cheap as that.

£12 +VAT seems OTT from Design 911 for what they are though - and don't get me started on the £50 bracket that screws to the back of the rear calipers - mine are definitely getting the sandblast and paint treatment.

So far I've not dared go near OPC for parts, but occasionally I hear good things about prices for random parts, so perhaps I should give my local one a call.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back