Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake caliper paint

linners

Trainee
All

I'd like to respray my calipers. I bought the car a few years back now with yellow calipers a la ceramic - which I thought it was a nice touch - but they need to go back to original red
Just had some work done: new discs and pads all round and a couple of the bleed nipples were seized/corroded on and were replaced (with stainless steel ones). As such, they need a touch up and I thought I'd take the opportunity to go back to OEM
Would anyone recommend which rattle can red is the best/correct one?

TIA

Attachments

• p9961_176.jpeg
    p9961_176.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,111
  • p9962_205.jpeg
    p9962_205.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,111
I use my Guards Red touch up paint to do chips in the calipers and it's a perfect match.

I can't comment on the oem colour match but the Auto K paint is good :thumb:

I used Guards Red on mine, It's not the colour Porsche use but its close enough.... :thumb:

I used the por-15 brush on caliper paint on my old range rover 2 coats and the finish was excellent sorry no pics cobras ones look pretty good with whatever he used👍

brakes

If memory serves there was a guy on this forum that sold the PORSCHE logos for callipers.

BUMP....

Sorry guys - brush on or rattle can paint???

Not sure one is any better than the other bit more masking up if your spraying I am away to do the cayenne and will. Be using the por-15 brush on.

linners said:
BUMP....

Sorry guys - brush on or rattle can paint???

Either is fine; I've always had good results with brushing and have more confidence the paint has thoroughly engaged with the surface.
You're going to have to remove and strip the calipers to clean, prep and mask them though, let alone paint them. Look at the photos above. You can't get results like that doing it in situ.

Re: brakes

tbrown said:
If memory serves there was a guy on this forum that sold the PORSCHE logos for callipers.

I have got mine from Uber9 / brakecaliperdecals.co.uk. They conveniently supply you with 3 to do a pair of caliper. Built in option for messing one up!

Re: brakes

½cwt said:
tbrown said:

I have got mine from Uber9 / brakecaliperdecals.co.uk. They conveniently supply you with 3 to do a pair of caliper. Built in option for messing one up!

I also applied some high temp clear coat over the top, just to avoid the decals becoming easily damaged :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back