Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster 987 with an intermittent roof opening issue.

Enjoyingtea64

Hi Gents,
Just washed the car, a Boxster 987 S 2008 auto. I tried to drop the roof as I always do when its in the garage. Followed the normal procedure and when I pulled the roof opening electric switch near the handbrake, nothing happened. I locked car, opened it again, got in and still roof wouldnt open. Turned engine on and off to try and reset anything that needed resetting. Checked everything was closed including side windows, still nothing.Opened and closed roof catch a few times, nothing happened. The on last attempt everything worked as normal. Did it two more times and no problems then third time Nothing happened again!
So thats about it, I haven't fiddled with anything and its the first time its happened. Roof and all rubbers etc are spotlessly clean. The car has 50,000 on clock with careful use. Any ideas what it may be, what is a common fault here. Is there something that needs a squirt of oil or a switch or contact that is prone to wear?
Regards.

The micro switch in the roof release handle is on the fritz. If it doesn't show that the handle has been released then the logic stops anything happening.

I spent all Sunday tracking down a similar fault on my 986. I took it apart and re-soldered the connections. Pain in the ass but not too difficult if you have the right equipment. I guess you can replace the entire switch unit as well if you don't fancy messing with it.

Good luck

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoff993
Back