Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cabriolet roof issues (now fixed)

A993LAD

Hockenheim
I recently had problems with my cab roof particularly the front latches that lock the roof shut.

They suddenly became a bit intermittent and then stopped working entirely.

Thanks to Tore at Bergvill FX who has been an absolute star everything is now resolved and the roof is working again.

I thought I would log a thread on here for future reference in case anybody needs it.

With my roof I was able to test most of the components including:

The fuse
The 2 front microswitches
The 2 microswitches inside the latch motors
The 2 rear microswitches (and their set positions)
The front latch motor gears
The roof activation switch
The handbrake switch

Every component seemed to function correctly but the roof didn't work at all so I had to conclude that it might be a problem with the cabriolet roof control module which is situated against the bulkhead behind the glove box.

A quick email to Tore confirmed that he has everything needed to test and repair these modules so I quickly shipped it off to Norway and within a couple of days it arrived back via DHL. I plugged it back into the car connections and now the roof works perfectly again.

These control modules have a reputation for being a bit flaky so I guess I should be pleased that mine has lasted 30 years before needing a repair.

Many thanks to Tore for turning this around so quickly I can, as always, highly recommend his services. Link below for anyone that needs it,

Last edited:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back