Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bad experience with Porsche Mid-Sussex, what should I do?

Even if it is SOR, the OPC is putting their name to the car to advertise it. If 3 months post sale something went wrong then the new buyer would still contact the OPC and expect it to be redressed by them.

This is exactly what Dove House did with the 997 I bought from them: it was SOR, they had the previous owner pay for a number of remedies before they would retail it. Money flow was me to DH and DH to previous owner. Post purchase one of the suspension arms was found to knock, Dove House replaced it.

With your car, it looks like there are 2-3 remedies that West-Sussex want to have addressed before they retail it:
1. Corroded exhaust fittings.
2. A rattle in the dash
3. Change the wiper blades

1&2 you could push to have dealt with under the warranty or by the original OPC you bought from. 3 is not expensive. If it were the OPC's own car you would hope/expect that they would do the same work before retailing it, at least the rattle and wiper blades would be obvious to potential purchasers / the new owner.

Is there much of a gap between the SOR value to you vs a straight sale to the OPC?

Yellow said:
Even if it is SOR, the OPC is putting their name to the car to advertise it. If 3 months post sale something went wrong then the new buyer would still contact the OPC and expect it to be redressed by them.

This is exactly what Dove House did with the 997 I bought from them: it was SOR, they had the previous owner pay for a number of remedies before they would retail it. Money flow was me to DH and DH to previous owner. Post purchase one of the suspension arms was found to knock, Dove House replaced it.

With your car, it looks like there are 2-3 remedies that West-Sussex want to have addressed before they retail it:
1. Corroded exhaust fittings.
2. A rattle in the dash
3. Change the wiper blades

1&2 you could push to have dealt with under the warranty or by the original OPC you bought from. 3 is not expensive. If it were the OPC's own car you would hope/expect that they would do the same work before retailing it, at least the rattle and wiper blades would be obvious to potential purchasers / the new owner.

Is there much of a gap between the SOR value to you vs a straight sale to the OPC?

To be honest I´m not worried about wiper blades they were quoting £70 to change them but I know how OPC pricing goes, this is my 3rd Porsche. To me the deal breaker has been the rattle and their complete rejection to try to investigate the issue and at least commit to not raise any bill if what is found there making the noise is something that belongs to them.

OP you should pull the car out and have the two issues sorted out by the supplying dealer or the dealer the car is with without delay. Tell them you're not interested in selling any longer. If the supplying dealer refuses to fix put in a financial ombudsman complaint as your extended warranty is FCA regulated.

Once you've done this give it to someone like JZM on SOR or auction via Collecting Cars to sell on your behalf. It will sell in 5 mins at good money. OPCS being a little cute with you. Just get her fixed and drag her out as they seem to be being a tad disingenuous.

IMI A said:
OP you should pull the car out and have the two issues sorted out by the supplying dealer or the dealer the car is with without delay. Tell them you're not interested in selling any longer. If the supplying dealer refuses to fix put in a financial ombudsman complaint as your extended warranty is FCA regulated.

Once you've done this give it to someone like JZM on SOR or auction via Collecting Cars to sell on your behalf. It will sell in 5 mins at good money. OPCS being a little cute with you. Just get her fixed and drag her out as they seem to be being a tad disingenuous.

Good advice! I will do that. The car is not selling through them anyway, I noticed they took down the ad of my car on Autotrader shortly after I started this thread here and in another forum. Not sure why they did it, I would say it means they are surely monitoring this and are not looking to collaborate! Will see what they say when I go there on Monday.

Tite003 said:
They are asking for £6k commission, plus the 111 inspection (£600), plus now all these repairs, which are in total around £2k.

Nice little bit of extra revenue & work for the workshop / increase their margin. I'd expect that there would be less expectation for you to pay for it / the issues were chargeable unless you were looking to SOR. So the original OPC should be a pretty good route.

IMI A said:

:agree: Couldn't have put it better myself.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back