Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Arctic silver '99 Carrera 4 a labor of love

Hugh_ said:
As an alternative to retrofitting the heated seats, I will have a set of comfort, electrically adjustable, heated seats in graphite grey available at some point (as soon as I've found a 997 sports passenger seat in grey).

We're can't be too far from each other if you're using Precision, I'm near Tonbridge.

Thank you for the offer buddy but I have quite a list of things to work through before I get to the nice to haves!

Good luck with your search!

Engine mounts

Whats going on everyone? Happy Wednesday!

Being honest it was not something I had noticed when looking at the car but the exhausts were hanging a bit low. I already knew this was a symptom of worn engine mounts thanks to the hours spent watching Friends Green prep books lol.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSA64y3M6bpudkhyNbWFrOw

I had also previously watched a video that recommended genuine OEM mounts rather than anything upgraded. I'm not going to debate that as I am no expert but I know the car will never see a track in my ownership so didn't see any reason to stray away from standard here.

I bought the mounts from Design911 www.design911.co.uk Their service is great and I like the helpful diagrams they have on their site but they seem a bit expensive and their postage charges are a joke if you are only ordering small items. If anyone has suggestions on where else to go for regular maintenance parts please let me know!

Fitting of the mounts was easy as pie. Once again I didn't know I would end up documenting this so don't have any great step by step instructions for you other than take the air box off, support the engine with a jack and make sure you have an 18mm deep socket.
I didn't need to lift the car off the ground and the whole job took less than an hour.

My old mounts were totally fubar and definitely needed replacing. I found no record of them in all the cars history so they could well have been there since 99!

Once fitted I would say the car felt more solid and of course my exhausts now sit nice and tight to the bumper which looks smarter.

Have a good one!

Attachments

• porsche_996_engine_mount_122.jpg
    porsche_996_engine_mount_122.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 1,299
  • porsche_996_engine_mount_replacement_175.jpg
    porsche_996_engine_mount_replacement_175.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,299

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members