Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any bikers in here ?

JohnnyDangerous said:
Got to love Cadwell on a bike !!!! :D

yeah we love it so much we organise the crashfest to run over consecutive track days..... last year we had 3 days one after another with probably 10 + of us on ktm superdukes - by day three we had somewhat of a reputation...... - "stay way from the superdukes everyone unless you wish to be involved in the lunacy"

cadwell is definitely my favourite track. :D

toohey said:
JohnnyDangerous said:

yeah we love it so much we organise the crashfest to run over consecutive track days..... last year we had 3 days one after another with probably 10 + of us on ktm superdukes - by day three we had somewhat of a reputation...... - "stay way from the superdukes everyone unless you wish to be involved in the lunacy"

Yeah i got bo****d for overtaking too many bikes in 1 go thru Charlies 1 and 2 which as you know if you go quick enough is almost 1 bend !!!! then I got black flaged for going too fast in the wet !!! :dont know:

JohnnyDangerous said:
toohey said:
JohnnyDangerous said:

Yeah i got bo****d for overtaking too many bikes in 1 go thru Charlies 1 and 2 which as you know if you go quick enough is almost 1 bend !!!! then I got black flaged for going too fast in the wet !!! :dont know:

really ??...... which organiser was that with? - have to say i only use No Limits and they're really good - only black flags i've seen were for gratuitous wheely nonsense up the straight after the mountain and for badly judged block passes....

Well done Nattyboy..I am quite partial to the odd Ducati.

I had one of the first 916 BP's in this country it was from Woods of Abergele..must be 20 years or so ago.

ducati916.jpg

toohey said:
JohnnyDangerous said:
toohey said:
JohnnyDangerous said:

really ??...... which organiser was that with? - have to say i only use No Limits and they're really good - only black flags i've seen were for gratuitous wheely nonsense up the straight after the mountain and for badly judged block passes....

It was a while ago now but I remember arguing that maybe if they didnt put novices in the fast group (£££££ hungry) it wouldnt be such a problem, i didnt get near them or cut them off but apparently I was making them jump when i went past LOL

+1 here, Dont have the porsche yet but hoping to sell the Corvette over the weekend and get a 996 next week. Looking at a C2 manual with sunroof, traction control, lsd, vomit savannah( I like) interior. If not sold next week!

Owner of a 1992 Fireblade and 1999 Harley road king. (Not that there would be many members here with Harleys I think!) Probable only somebody who think Harleys are good bikes who can like the savannah interior :)

Excellent restoration job Nattyboy!!! :D

Looks like you did it at no expense spared, as from the photographs your bike looks factory fresh.

Have had Gixxers, Blades and Yams over the years. Still have a R1, Street Triple and BMW R series in the garage. Biking almost a religion over here becuase of Road Racing. If you have never attended a road race, North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix are not to be missed - awesome and dangerous in equal measure!!!!

Love that Cadwell pic. Not sure I ever got the rear wheel off but the front feels like flying!

After teenage years on Italian exotica (a Lambretta LI150, long ago... *sigh* it was love...) it's been rice burners ever since for me. Currently a 2011 ZX-10. I'm obsessed by bikes

I do most track days with No Limits. Too many people want to get in the Intermediates. The overspill has to go up or down and things get confused. Last April at Donington around 60% of the "Novice" group were track-only bikes that arrived in vans with tyre warmers.

saffa - if I had a Harley it would be Road King - best looking bike they make.

Great job and well done getting on the paper!!!
Biker myself ;-)

Attachments

• gsxr_120.jpg
    gsxr_120.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 7,889
I still have my rather modest 07 black zx6-r (I'll try to dig out a pic) which I've had from new :thumb:

I've been deliberating for some time now on whether to chop it in for a s1000rr but I'm almost certain that one or both of us would end up broken beyond repair within a few weeks... :oops:

Thanks for the kind words lads - and loving your pics ! Thought you might like to see a few more of mine - I also built a pretty accurate replica of foggys '97 no.4 WSB racer ..the guy leaning on me is the ACTUAL GP/WSB/BSB racer chris walker who proceeded to make me look very silly indeed riding a road bike on crap tyres lol

Some old race bikes..

only one bike for me, and thats made in Milwaukee.
i have 2, not good enough a rider to own a sports bike.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back