Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

alarm woes

I have the Hamilton Palmer PA1000 alarm on my C2S.
It is starting to go off randomly, normally in the middle of the night - 3am last night to be exact.

Could the root cause be the battery? (car battery) it is over 5 years old and sometimes is a bit sluggish to start the car.

Also, if I lock the car with the key (as opposed to remotely with the fob), does this arm the alarm? If so, is there a way of locking the car without activating the alarm?
TIA.

The diagnostic test for a PA1000 that shows what has caused the alarm to be triggered is as follows:

Unlock the car, turn the ignition on, press the remote fob lock button once then immediately the fob unlock button three times. The system internal sounder beeps each time you press the buttons. The system then sets off a series of flashes on the red alarm LED to identify what triggered the alarm:
2 flashes - doors
3 flashes - bonnet
4 flashes - boot
5 flashes - ultrasonic sensors
6 flashes - ignition

The flash sequence repeats 3 times with a bleep in between.

Years ago a door switch on mine was causing a problem - the wire had become partially detached from the back on the switch.

stewart rix said:
The diagnostic test for a PA1000 that shows what has caused the alarm to be triggered is as follows:

Unlock the car, turn the ignition on, press the remote fob lock button once then immediately the fob unlock button three times. The system internal sounder beeps each time you press the buttons. The system then sets off a series of flashes on the red alarm LED to identify what triggered the alarm:
2 flashes - doors
3 flashes - bonnet
4 flashes - boot
5 flashes - ultrasonic sensors
6 flashes - ignition

The flash sequence repeats 3 times with a bleep in between.

Years ago a door switch on mine was causing a problem - the wire had become partially detached from the back on the switch.

thanks. tried the above but it doesnt want to know - no response when the fob buttons are pressed with the ignition on. I'll give it another go.

Does the alarm 'arm' when you lock the door with the key? When I lock it with the key, the door LED's flash as nornal - but not sure if thats the alarm or just the immobilizer.

ok managed to interrogated the system and its telling me the last 3 triggers were the ultrasonics. So ive disabled that circuit now pending more investigation. Hopefully ill get a full nights sleep tonight!
Thanks for your help :thumb:

See my recent post with the same title.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=108379&highlight=

In short I had the same problem with my PA2000, the problem was the internal battery in the siren had leaked onto the circuit board. H&P managed to find me replacement from a dusty cupboard and all is now well again. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back