Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alarm lights flashing

malcolm Pfor

I have a Targa 991 4s, the car is on a Ctek battery charger when not in use. Today whilst locked the alarm lights came on and alerted Croba tracking. Took the car out for a run came back all normal, left the car locked 2 hours later flashing lights again. No horn just flashing lights. Opened doors bonnet & roof etc locked the car, then left it locked for 4hours only to have the lights start flashing again. I have Porsche Connect and know this can activate flashing lights on my Cayenne. But why is the alarm going off on my Targa? any ideas ?
Just to add, a couple of weeks ago I had a warning from TPM that NSR was low pressure, eventually got this error reset by adjusting comfort mode on & off . Could the light fault be the tilt control unit?

Could the battery inside the Cobra alarm be failing? I've had a similar thing on both an Audi and a Mercedes.

Could the battery inside the Cobra alarm be failing? I've had a similar thing on both an Audi and a Mercedes.

Ledlights said:

thanks for the feed back, i've borrowed another Ctek to charge the main battery, so if that doesn't work I'll follow up on the Cobra part. I'll let you know how I get on

Ledlights said:

Charging car battery first but it does look as if the Cobra could be the issue

More than likely it's going to be the siren .. if you get the fault codes read out and there is one for the siren then 100% thats the fault .

Whilst charging the battery is a good idea i very much doubt it will make a difference here .

My alarm kept going off in my old 991.1 and it was the alarm siren that needed replacing. They will all need replacing at somepoint. It's very common and the OPC will have that in stock. From memory, they are around £100 and it's a simple 5 min job to replace.

Charge the car battery & replaced the Alarm siren tilt unit and fingers crossed no alarm last 48 hours. Yes you guys are right it's a common fault that the battery in the alarm siren fails with time. Luckily its an quick removal on 991's but still £190 for new unit..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back