Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Airbag light has come on. Update: It was my hoovering...

spinnaker

Hockenheim
Hi all,

I had 4 new tyres fitted on the driveway yesterday and after next driving the car I saw that the airbag light on the dash has come on. No messages being displayed anywhere as far as I can see. I presume I'd expect to see something on the central LCD display?

I wondered if there really is an issue or if it could be triggered because the car was jacked up at angles yesterday. I don't think there have been any other changes other than me giving the interior a light wipe round yesterday.

I know the light will keep coming up once triggered until reset. I called my local indie but they can't fit me in for weeks to check it. I have ordered an icarsoft POR v2.0 which should be here tomorrow morning so I can reset the message and check for codes.

Anything else I can be doing or checking?

Update on this one. The iCarSoft gizmo arrived on Friday and on plugging it in it showed error 8024 -" Driver's thorax airbag. Short to ground" and then it hit me that I had hoovered the car the day before as well. I reckon I have dislodged a cable when hoovering around the driver's seat.

I checked the yellow plug under the seat last night but didn't have time to try clearing the code again. I'll try that again tonight. I'll do some background reading on the error as well to see if there is anything else around there that I should be checking.

Final update on this one hopefully. I doubled checked that the airbag connectors under the seat were properly in place, cleared the codes, cycled the car on and off and the airbag light remained off.

If the cable was out of place it must only have been by a tiny amount as I barely detected any movement when squeezing the connectors together.

All sorted for now hopefully. I'll be more careful when hoovering the car in future!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back