Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Accessory Belt Replace

p1ryk

Replacing belt and tensioners. Ive looked through the forum and some howto videos on youtube but i dont see the part ive circled in red on other cars? Its too close to the crankshaft pulley to slip the belt onto, should it be this close? Could it somehow have been bent out of shape?

Any help of photos of what it should look like (if at all different) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• 997pulley_476.png
    997pulley_476.png
    921.7 KB · Views: 456
  • 20230902_204146_152.jpg
    20230902_204146_152.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 456
...that isn't right is it? Remove it and replace for a new part; but check it hasn't damaged the pulley?

That's too horizontal and is therefore closer to the crank than it should be, here's a snap of my previous car.

idler.jpg

Interesting, i'm looking at the original pictures and the proper pictures you guys posted then i look at mine and i don't even have that part, although i cant see why you would need it really?

I can't see its purpose either. Didn't bother refitting it.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back