Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A kick in the cells for the UK EV market

I have been searching like mad for the interview where Akio Toyoda, CEO of Toyota, was saying that they had developed a car to run off water, a small 18kw battery and an internal Hyrdrogen generator that ran the motor which charged the battery.

So an electric car, that charges itself via ice, but the ice is run off water and outputs water vaper and warm air.

So 100% green and cheap.

However, no one would approve it, no one.

The only way they could get the go ahead was to have it so it was filled with Hydrogen. So the Hydrogen was bought at the pump.

Still got to make money, can't go too green if no money to be made!

I think the finished car is close to launch, but what a shame we can't have truly green, cheap motoring for every day use.

I have looked and looked for those videos, the links I had saved on Youtube are no longer there and I can no longer find anything at all about it online.

We do have true green.......it's called fossil fuel.

Mother nature put this stuff on the planet for mankind to exist. Without it we'd be long gone cos there's only so many arse bones of giraffes you can plough a field with.

All boils down to being something tangible and taxable, if it isn't, it won't happen, the won't let it. Sad times we're living in.

Edit:

Was it this:

https://www.toyota.co.uk/hydrogen

100% agree.

The fact they have now started this nonsensical pursuit of reducing CO2 should be a wake up call to everyone.
A reduction of CO2 would be suicidal, we need CO2 levels to keep the planet green, more green is what we need, no CO2 no green and then we all die, we all fry.

The whole monetising of the 'green agenda' is the biggest scam of all time and nearly everyone has bought into it. It is madness. And it is the most polluting, most destructive corporations on the planet that is tell us all to go green!!

Whitney Webb and Iain Davis joined Marty Bent to discuss the ridiculous new Sustainable Development Goals and how it is all such BS.

They absolutely nail it, well worth a isten.....

https://youtu.be/24TH4MzuTWQ

Or for those who prefer podcasts...

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/tftc-a-bitcoin-podcast/id1292381204?i=1000579682837

cost of producing batteries is rising and rising

New article the other day about a guy doing a 350 mile round trip in his brand new Volvo EV. Apart from all the stress, extra time, planning and anxiety compared to doing the same trip in his 1 series diesel, this was the summary:

Link: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/motoring/motoring-features/how-easy-charge-electric-car-25989706

Costs

Fully charge at home before departure: approx £20; miles added: 180

Fast top-up at services on outward journey: £19.62; miles added: 55

Slow top-up in Bristol: £5 approx; miles added: 30

Super-fast top-up at services on return journey: £43.45; miles added: 126

Total: £88.07

Diesel cost for same journey: assuming 55mpg and 173.9p per litre, £50.24

Petrol cost for same journey: assuming 45mpg and 150.9p per litre, £53.28

I've just crunched some numbers for my 996:

Same journey: assuming 30mpg and £1.60 per litre super unleaded £84.86

I don't understand why this is suddenly about running costs. The idea that anybody would spend just short of £50k on a car so that they could save a bit on fuel is surely madness? I would have thought for most it would be about tax breaks or getting others to pay for fuel (charging at work). Or the potential reductions in running costs from lower servicing costs and road charges. Around Nottingham you can even use some of the bus lanes without the trauma of having to go on a bus if you drive an electric car.

I get that many people think that they are saving the planet by buying an electric car, that doesn't mean that doing so should be cheap and easy by right.

I imagine that if I wanted to save the planet by not taking an airplane for a trip to Chicago I would not expect my trip to be faster, easier, or cheaper. My choice, my problem.

MC

If you want the general public to change to something else, then it has to be better than what they previously had, otherwise they won't do it. This includes saving time, money, stress, anxiety and also improvements such as fun, comfort and ease of use.

As a rule, most don't think owning an electric car is going to 'save the planet' and if the do, they're seriously deluded.

MisterCorn said:
I don't understand why this is suddenly about running costs. The idea that anybody would spend just short of £50k on a car so that they could save a bit on fuel is surely madness? I would have thought for most it would be about tax breaks or getting others to pay for fuel (charging at work). Or the potential reductions in running costs from lower servicing costs and road charges. Around Nottingham you can even use some of the bus lanes without the trauma of having to go on a bus if you drive an electric car.

I get that many people think that they are saving the planet by buying an electric car, that doesn't mean that doing so should be cheap and easy by right.

I imagine that if I wanted to save the planet by not taking an airplane for a trip to Chicago I would not expect my trip to be faster, easier, or cheaper. My choice, my problem.

MC

Totally. It's about massive tax breaks.

Why does the Taycan 'sell" so well..Firstly it doesn't actually get sold rather than rented, a high rate tax payer with a decent allowance can run one for virtually naff all BIK. 2% of 100k, 2k, 40/45% tax = £75/month.

It's top of Porsches sales charts...no ***** Sherlock.

I only owned one for about a month and it was an utter joke. Planning trips was a nightmare and if the journey was anything over a 100 miles round trip we took the 911, just so we knew we would get home!

The charging points are a joke, they're either broken, off-line, or hooked up to all the local taxis! The only charge point that we found that was reliable were the one's at Lidl and Tesco, with the Tesco ones being slow chargers so you need at least 5 hrs for a full top up.
Home charging would be fine if you could access Off Peak charging, we asked Eon who just said 'were looking into it'.
The quoted battery life is a complete lie, for every mile you travel you use 2 miles of range and that's only if the weathers nice and sunny. Put on the wipers or lights, or god forbid the heater and it's 1:3.

It really is the Emperors New Clothes and the only way I can see it being changed is if we vote Jeremy Clarkson in as PM, you never know he is apparently looking for gainful employment!

Tesla knocked up to 5k off each model in its range last week and they are all available for pretty much immediate delivery

gizlaroc said:
100% agree.

The fact they have now started this nonsensical pursuit of reducing CO2 should be a wake up call to everyone.
A reduction of CO2 would be suicidal, we need CO2 levels to keep the planet green, more green is what we need, no CO2 no green and then we all die, we all fry.

The whole monetising of the 'green agenda' is the biggest scam of all time and nearly everyone has bought into it. It is madness. And it is the most polluting, most destructive corporations on the planet that is tell us all to go green!!

Whitney Webb and Iain Davis joined Marty Bent to discuss the ridiculous new Sustainable Development Goals and how it is all such BS.

They absolutely nail it, well worth a isten.....

https://youtu.be/24TH4MzuTWQ

Or for those who prefer podcasts...

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/tftc-a-bitcoin-podcast/id1292381204?i=1000579682837

:eek: - putin apologists, climate change deniers and vax conspiracy nuts meet Bitcoin grifters. I assume these peeps have MAGA caps an'all :grin: :bandit:

easternjets said:
I only owned one for about a month and it was an utter joke. Planning trips was a nightmare and if the journey was anything over a 100 miles round trip we took the 911, just so we knew we would get home!

The charging points are a joke, they're either broken, off-line, or hooked up to all the local taxis! The only charge point that we found that was reliable were the one's at Lidl and Tesco, with the Tesco ones being slow chargers so you need at least 5 hrs for a full top up.
Home charging would be fine if you could access Off Peak charging, we asked Eon who just said 'were looking into it'.
The quoted battery life is a complete lie, for every mile you travel you use 2 miles of range and that's only if the weathers nice and sunny. Put on the wipers or lights, or god forbid the heater and it's 1:3.

It really is the Emperors New Clothes and the only way I can see it being changed is if we vote Jeremy Clarkson in as PM, you never know he is apparently looking for gainful employment!

Considering the first petrol station appeared in the UK over 100 years ago and we now have a mature network, isn't expecting similar public EV charger coverage in the short time we have been installing EV chargers expecting too much?

The issue with EV's at the moment is recharge time, if it took 10 mins to fully charge the car I doubt anyone would be complaining.

So why did you get an EV?

At 150 mile range? I would.

Considering the first petrol station appeared in the UK over 100 years ago and we now have a mature network, isn't expecting similar public EV charger coverage in the short time we have been installing EV chargers expecting too much?

Surely this is the point of the argument?

The Gov't have jumped the gun and announced the banning of new ICE cars in less than 7 years (2030) and apart from Tesla there has been no significant infrastructure put in place, in fact it's barely even started!
A filling station can probably fill the fuel tanks of 100's of cars in one day. A large charging point will struggle to do a 10th of that if cars require 30 minutes minimum to fully charge.

I bought one because I 'thought' it can't be that bad, I mean if I can get 230 miles off a charge and then charge it at home it should be ideal. How wrong I was it was a farce and one that ended with my partner stranded on her own in a dark car park after 9 pm. When she phoned me in tears because of the situation it had left her in the car went and I bought a nice big SUV!

We're in for a nasty shock. Crunch the numbers and you can see where this is going.

When petrol is sold to you, when everyone involved minus the gov gets £1, the Gov then gets £2.24 (ish)

When electric is sold to you, when everyone minus the Gov gets £1, the Gov then gets 22p (ish)

What are the Gov gonna do then when their only tax income is from KWH?

Answer = £3.50 per KWH.

They'll have no option cos the money has to come from somewhere.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back