Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 tracker?

E3 PSB

Trainee
Good morning

I'm after some advice please, I have a gen 2 997 Turbo. The only way I can get insured is if I have an 'active tracker' on the vehicle.

When purchased I was told it has a tracker, there are 2 plastic fobs that flash when activated, does anyone know the process to get these properly activated please?

Is it via an OPC?

Many thanks for any info.

Best wishes

Have a great weekend.

You don't get them activated, you get the tracker activated. Give Vodafone a call and they can usually do it. Slim chance it might fail to come back to life, but they usually work ok.

01282 473799 0333 2220799

You'll need to carry one of the fobs when you drive it.

Magic919 said:
You don't get them activated, you get the tracker activated. Give Vodafone a call and they can usually do it. Slim chance it might fail to come back to life, but they usually work ok.

01282 473799 0333 2220799

You'll need to carry one of the fobs when you drive it.

That's brilliant, thank you. Will contact them now.

Try Classic Line or A Manning. Do not require the tracker 8)

A-Plan have been good with me - no requirement for a tracked and agreed value to boot.

Brilliant, it does seem a bit of a kerfuffle!

Carrying a fob around seems a bit outdated these days.

Will get some quotes, especially with the agreed value.

Thanks guys

Much appreciated

Once you contact Vodafone, they send a code etc and then the dealer activated it for me in my case.
I think you will get away without a tracker if you shop around for Insurance for a 997 Turbo

Slayer said:
Once you contact Vodafone, they send a code etc and then the dealer activated it for me in my case.
I think you will get away without a tracker if you shop around for Insurance for a 997 Turbo

Thank you, do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it all to be completed from both voda and OPC?

When we bought a used car, Vodafone did it and we didn't need OPC.

I suspect the tracker was already active and it was just a transfer of owner.

OPC did not charge any as was buying a car from them. The tracker subscription was about £225 Pa if I remember.
If you forget to carry the fob around, it will give alerts which can be very annoying.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back