Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Pictures please - forum is lacking some 997 love photos

boardingnath997 said:
RXP. said:
PSX_20190606_194233_zpssx7ithe8.jpg

Still not sure on these darn Dectanes. Seriously considering going back to OEM. Any thoughts? [/img]

Not a fan...I'd try and pick up a pair of the 'red' taillights. That would look mega

Look good to me!
Looks like a lovely car.

So pleased to see the thread is still going, thought I might add the car I had at the time.

C11BRA said:
RXP. said:
I had them on my 996. IMO it needed them to fit my theme of updating the car.

Ironically, I quite like the fact that the 997.1 is the last of the analogue cars before DRL's & LED lamps. But I must admit, on your car they look pretty amazing. Can we have more photos of your car please?

For comparison, my new car before I de-GT3 badge it.

Hey Bud,
I think I agree re the non led lights, I most likely will re fit the OEM's however I wouldn't mind if an all red set turned up.

My car has been modified to my vision of an OEM+ with emphasis on handling, feel and driveability.

PSX_20190101_082234_zpssdbcivqe.jpg

Have you decided to de badge it then? I saw your thread. Love the Grey colour it looks lovely.

Boba fett said:
So pleased to see the thread is still going, thought I might add the car I had at the time.

You certainly are handy with a camera boba. I think the aero deck lid looks perfect.

Are your enjoying your Ferrari?

AdeD said:
Enjoying a well earned rest after completing the San Bernardino & Julier Pass.

How exactly did you get the tress to stand in those positions? :D

RXP. said:
PSX_20190606_194233_zpssx7ithe8.jpg

Still not sure on these darn Dectanes. Seriously considering going back to OEM. Any thoughts? [/img]

If you do PM me, could work out a deal.

Taken from the beer garden on the drive home from purchase, low res but good angle

2004 997.1 C2S, pasm, no sunroof, no rear wiper, rusty body, rust brakes, rusty tandem pump, rusty bank 1 manifold studs, saggy NS engine mount, new rack & front underneath coolant hoses, oil leak on bank 1 tensioner, mystery large IMS bearing engine, sluggish hot start (new starter power cable fixed 21/9/19), broke filler tube during starter power cable fix, broke oil pressure sender during starter power cable fix... £17,500..

Attachments

• 997_side_shot_from_pub_833.jpg
    997_side_shot_from_pub_833.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 3,444
bullet-proof_biscuit said:
Taken from the beer garden on the drive home from purchase, low res but good angle

2004 997.1 C2S, pasm, no sunroof, no rear wiper, rusty body, rust brakes, rusty tandem pump, rusty bank 1 manifold studs, saggy NS engine mount, new rack & front underneath coolant hoses, oil leak on bank 1 tensioner, mystery large IMS bearing engine, sluggish hot start (new starter power cable fixed 21/9/19), broke filler tube during starter power cable fix, broke oil pressure sender during starter power cable fix... £17,500..

You forgot the miles :puh: a few jobs on but it looks well 8)

Are your wheels the standard colour? I'm looking to change mine but unsure of what to go with - Anthracite/Grey or a bit of bling Weiss Gold. Looking for examples....

ahh, 113k miles..

With a warranty engine replacement at about 30k miles in 2007, hence large IMS type. Funny one liner on the OPC works invoice, 'engine recovered to OPC under warranty, noisy tappet sound, engine rebuild and replaced'

Genuinely look to have been refurbed, but I would say it's 'bog standard anthracite'...

Ha I 100% planned to get them refurbed in gold.. But these are in good nick so will give it a while, is that the name of the colour of the factory race team type BBS gold??

Beers!

Attachments

• front_side_206.jpg
    front_side_206.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,342
ahh, 113k miles..

With a warranty engine replacement at about 30k miles in 2007, hence large IMS type. Funny one liner on the OPC works invoice, 'engine recovered to OPC under warranty, noisy tappet sound, engine rebuild and replaced'

Genuinely look to have been refurbed, but I would say it's 'bog standard anthracite'...

Ha I 100% planned to get them refurbed in gold.. But these are in good nick so will give it a while, is that the name of the colour of the factory race team type BBS gold??

Beers!

Got to be one of my fav style wheels for the 997.

They look refurbished to me as they come in GT Silver with a polished lip.

They'd looik good in Weiss Gold I reckon!

I'm currently talking to Chris @ Exel wheels and he is going to try and dig out some examples of his work with these wheels - I'll post them up.

We had a long conversation about it the other day, if you've not read about it or know - the polished lip is diamond cut & lacquered every time you change it you're taking a 'life' out of the wheel (cutting the alloy down a layer) so when it comes to putting the paint on the rest of the wheel the edge starts to bleed/merge onto the diamond cut lip. I've 'had' a perfect set of wheels until last week.... the garage managed to blister the lacquer so I have to get them refurbed, decided mine is going to be a keeper so I'm not fussed about keeping the polished lip and get the whole wheel painted. The other bit I got from the conversation is that some wheels really suit certain colours and in his opinion weiss gold on these is not the best - but each to their own!

RXP. said:
C11BRA said:
RXP. said:
I had them on my 996. IMO it needed them to fit my theme of updating the car.

Ironically, I quite like the fact that the 997.1 is the last of the analogue cars before DRL's & LED lamps. But I must admit, on your car they look pretty amazing. Can we have more photos of your car please?

For comparison, my new car before I de-GT3 badge it.

Hey Bud,
I think I agree re the non led lights, I most likely will re fit the OEM's however I wouldn't mind if an all red set turned up.

My car has been modified to my vision of an OEM+ with emphasis on handling, feel and driveability.

PSX_20190101_082234_zpssdbcivqe.jpg

Have you decided to de badge it then? I saw your thread. Love the Grey colour it looks lovely.

Thanks.

It won't have a GT3 badge on it by the weekend. Not fully decided what it will have though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back