Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 for Jamie G

The rain sensor comes as a package with the auto dimming mirrors etc. £353, waste of time? Also, i had mentioned that I was going to put the new Turbo wheels on it which is an upgrade of £500 from standard S wheels - opinions?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112493

The auto dim is actually quite useful, and at £353 it's not exactly expensive, so I'd get it. But it all adds up..

Things that we like on our family car:

leather (black) with easy wipe surface so you can clean off choc stain easily

cruise, auto dim, auto headlight, seat memory,

HID headlight

climate

Things we miss:

heated seat, beating myself senseless every winter for not getting it

Things we don't miss:

sat nav, different temp for px and driver (you just end up having two sides of the system fighting each other!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112496

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 27 January 2007

The rain sensor comes as a package with the auto dimming mirrors etc. £353, waste of time? Also, i had mentioned that I was going to put the new Turbo wheels on it which is an upgrade of £500 from standard S wheels - opinions?
Wheel upgrade is good as everyone has those regular 19" and worth getting the tyre pressure monitor system

I'm not a fan of auto dimming mirrors but that comes down to person taste, put that towards the painted rear centre console which IMHO will stand out and when ever you come to sell

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112498

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 26 January 2007

PASM is standard on S models - according to the book.

Now stop it Nicola - I am trying to talk myself out of having one straight away! Later in the year would be fine. Anyways, aren't ex-demos especially of the 24 hour variety the worst as have been spanked by a thousand people, un supervised - doing dognuts in Chavley Central car parks or the like?
The Chavley boys weren't worthy of a 24 hour test drive! :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112512

Refined car:

C2S Coupe, Manual. Atlas Grey. Black Leather. Tracking System. Navigation & Telephone. BOSE. Windsreen grey top tint. Park Assist. 19 inch TURBO WHEELS! Sports Seats. Heated Seats. REAR SECTION OF CENTRE CONSOLE IN EXTERIOR COLOUR. Floor Mats. Sports Chrono Package Plus. SPORTS EXHAUST SYSTEM. 3 spoke multi function steering wheel.

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/C2s.bmp

£74,828.00 - I have sacrificed the dimming mirrors, leather around instrument dials and embossed head rests to have the sports exhaust system - which i think should make for a better car. I can't justify factory collection for another grand. I have been trying to keep this under the £75K mark.

So, happy with car / potential lead time. Happy with Insurance quote. Wife is fully on board.

Still need to: Investigate sale value of Cayenne Private / Part-ex. 24 hour test drive to make sure I like the car and that it will get onto my drive which is a tad steep.

Thanks for all your help. Watch this space.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112516

That's a bit cheeky, collecting youself which saves on their delivery cost, and you have to pay for the privelege?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112517

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 27 January 2007

That's a bit cheeky, collecting youself which saves on their delivery cost, and you have to pay for the privelege?
And you have to pay almost £1K!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112620

And I think the spec you have gone for is really good - I have the memory seats and although really useful because Kate drives the car as well, I wouldn't look for it in a second hand car necessarily.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112622

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 27 January 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 27 January 2007

And you have to pay almost £1K!
But for some it will be a once in a lifetime opportunity...

If I was getting a new Porsche I would love to pick it up from the factory... All I've head is good reports, but I agree the price tag is rather expensive

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112643

Might place an order tomorrow :eek:
was shocked by Cayenne part-ex value however might have a private sale lined up.

997 C2S for March delivery.....maybe, just maybe.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113031

Sorry, just picked up on this thread. Good call on the C2S. Atlas Grey fab colour. But with black leather (nice choice), I'd get an ally pack to break up the blackness on the inside. Either that or go for the full carbon pack as I think that gives a nice high tech look... black leather + carbon + atlas grey :lol:
And no to the Turbo wheels! I think the simple 5 spoke Carrera designs are easy to keep clean and very classy. Sports exhaust a must.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113045

I have been trying to keep the overall spend less than £75K but will consider the ally or carbon on final spec. I had already decided to cut out some of the cosmetic choices for the PSE though so don't want it to start creeping up.

Torn on the wheels, there is only one other c2s for sale in the country with Turbo wheels so will make it stand out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113051

Previous poster said:

I can't justify factory collection for another grand. I have been trying to keep this under the £75K mark.
Don't know how Porsche deliver their cars to the UK and then on to the dealers, but at least you would know that the only caning the car had received was whatever you gave it on the way back!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113058

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost on 29 January 2007

Previous poster said:

I can't justify factory collection for another grand. I have been trying to keep this under the £75K mark.
Don't know how Porsche deliver their cars to the UK and then on to the dealers, but at least you would know that the only caning the car had received was whatever you gave it on the way back!

shame about the factory collection ! think of the road trip and the running in across the autobahn

after all you have to make sure it does 182 mph

btw, good choice in dropping the fluffy extras

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113068

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 26 January 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 26 January 2007

if you buy new, have you considered an actual factory collection ? :D

I'll meet you out there and show you the short cut home around the Nurburgring :wink:
Don't, don't, don't get me started. This thing is spiralling out of control. Yes I did consider the factory collection but didn't want to go it alone. Round the ring in yours or mine?

Great idea collecting the car from Stuttgart but far cheaper (and entertaining) to go on on of the PCGB factory visits. Really good value for money and nice people as well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113077

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoff993
Back