Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997/991 Folding Carbon Bucket seat heating elements.

dougle_turbo

I have sourced a set of folding buckets for my car, however, they are not heated.

Given that the car is prepped for seat heating and that I'm having the new seats retrimmed, I thought adding the heating elements would be a good idea. The problem is that no one seems to know exactly what part numbers are required.

My understanding is that on the folding buckets the elements are not built into the foam, but sit on top.

Does anyone happen to know what part numbers are required?

Thanks Paul, the link below is what I think is the correct bits for the carbon folding buckets, but the picture is not helpful as it show the wrong seat silhouette.

Design 911 were very helpful yesterday, but they weren’t sure either.

Could you tell me if the different pads daisy chain together or does each pad have a connector that plugs into the seat? If they are all separate then I could just plug in the base and back cushion and not bother with the other bits.

On the 997 ones they connect together, but the base is the one that wires into the connector under the seat by itself.

You’ll need to check the wiring diagram, I *think* on the 997 the seat back connected to the base by itself (and the two side bolsters connected to the seat back), so you could in theory leave the side bolsters off, but i’m not 100% sure.

EDIT: No i’ve found a video i did on it which shows the side bolsters come with the loom that connects to both the seat base and the seat back. You could do the seat base only, otherwise all 4 are needed. But that was 997 specific, not sure about those parts you e linked as they may well be different.

I’ve attached a picture of the seat pads, they’re just thin foam with elements in them and an adhesive backing. Happy to walk though it when you get to doing them

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpeg
    IMG_0864.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thanks Paul, very helpful. I've found the right part number now.

I'm off to find a wiring diagram!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back