Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 C2 oil

Schwaben

Silverstone
I am approaching first year of 997.2 C2 ownership and following a major service last year, I will be going for an oil change this year.

It's my DD (no tracking) 72k on clock, currently uses 0W40 with no loss of oil. I'm tempted to change to 5W40 as I used to use in my .1 C2S (that did need a top up every 2k miles).

A devisive Q but it's a DFI engine so want to make corect call. Thanks.

My local Indy has re-filled my engine with Mobil Super 3000 5W-40 for its last 3 services. I've done the intermediate oil changes between services using the same. So, last 6 years on 5w-40, odometer currently reads 42999.

The Mobile 3000 is exactly what I've used on my 997.2 C2 which is on 85k.

Sorry for late reply but there are oils specifically made for DFI engines. One is Driven DI40 which I plan to try at my next change. Other makes are probably available.

Threadbear said:
Sorry for late reply but there are oils specifically made for DFI engines. One is Driven DI40 which I plan to try at my next change. Other makes are probably available.

No problem. Having called a number of indies, they also all recommended 5W40 which is what I went with in the end.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back