Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 targa ride height - springs or coil overs

Hovis

Monza
So been getting few bits together for my car and have some new wheels.

Looking to drop the the ride height, which is a little higher on the targa than the coupe.

It's no PASM and was thinking H&R springs on the existing shocks (2 replaced last year) Or replace with B8 and eibach sptings. Or look at coil overs I hear the b16 and ohlins are great but would be out of budget think
More BC!

it's a DD so not looking for a crashy ride and looking for advice on what people are running or have ran. [/quote]

If you dont plan on changing the ride height regularly then there is no point in having coilovers I dont think as you will set them once then never change them so lots of cost for no gain. H&R are the lowest drop and some say can be harsh others say not, Techart give even stance all round not as low as H&R, Eibach are good but your stance might be a bit higher on the rear arch. Have a look on the old post there is loads of threads with photos on this.

Attachments

• 20190213_195509_140.jpg
    20190213_195509_140.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 548
  • 20170224_182150_resized_2_178_206.jpg
    20170224_182150_resized_2_178_206.jpg
    811.9 KB · Views: 548
Thanks for your quick response.

Been pouring over the web for threads in this and see lots of mixed feedback.
As you say not going to change them so set and forget of a spring might be the way to go.

With the additional weight of the targa, h&R might be bit low but they do call out the targa on the box and from what I've read it's a 35mm drop from stock.

Techart might be the way to go..... remember there was a group but on here before. Maybe some one has done for sale or another group buy could be possible.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back