Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Passenger Sill Damage

Judge George

Hi, I am looking at 997.1 that is up for sale and have spotted a dent on the passenger side sill just wondering peoples opinions on chances of a decent repair or just move on and keep looking. Thanks

Attachments

• B85C0070-FC39-4833-ADBA-209463422572.jpeg
    B85C0070-FC39-4833-ADBA-209463422572.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 43
sill repairs are quite simple if just on the surface

depends on what the rest of the car was like ?

Hi, I am looking at 997.1 that is up for sale and have spotted a dent on the passenger side sill just wondering peoples opinions on chances of a decent repair or just move on and keep looking. Thanks
Could of been a trolley jack etc…Some of these garages love ramming jacks under the car..
Wouldn’t put me off from buying…

That steel is quite thin, it can certainly be pushed out from the inside by one of those dent repair people

How do you get into the inside of the sill? Would it not be more likely that it would be weld on pin and dent puller which then gets into paintwork aswell. You start of thinking it will be £60 paintless dent removal and ends up £1000 painting the side of car!

You do not need to weld, with some dents they can use hot glue and a puller. There is a company called Excel Dent in Stoke Mandeville. Email them the image and see what they say. Best bet is to talk to a professional company who deal with such things day in and day out

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back