Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Cigarette lighter always live?

Low Level Flyer

Hi All,

Hope everyone is having a good festive period.

Have recently treated my 997.1 C4S to a new CTEK trickle charger to help keep the battery in tip top condition. Have attached the supplied leads directly to the battery for charging, however I’ve also got the optional cigarette lighter adapter for the charger but I was wondering if the cigarette lighter in the car is always live or is it something that cuts off after a certain period of time? (Similar to the remote central locking).

If it is live all the time is there anyone else on here that connects their CTEK in this way? (Any drawbacks?)

Another option is to run the ctek cable to the little skuttle panel below the windscreen. There's a small removable bit on the end which is perfect for hiding the connector.

I use the one in the passenger footwell when using my Noco charger, always works fine for me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back