Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 GT3 Rear Antiroll bar

jmracing66

Hi All,

I have recently bought a 997.1 GT3. I am interested to know if the rear anti roll bar was ever updated to the later thicker spec. Does anyone know what the part number for the later bar is ? I assume its a different part number to the original bar. Thanks

I wasn't aware of there being a later spec ARB. I seem to recall people fitting the GT2 version which (again IIRC) is thicker than the GT3 version.

Hopefully someone with a better memory than mine will be along shortly

DrNo said:
I wasn't aware of there being a later spec ARB. I seem to recall people fitting the GT2 version which (again IIRC) is thicker than the GT3 version.

Hopefully someone with a better memory than mine will be along shortly

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the early 997.1 GT3s had a thinner ARB that was replaced on the later cars from the factory. The weren't recalled on the early cars but I think owners were given the option to change it.

There was no recall or defect with the 997.1 bar. All 997.1 came with slimmer bar and where set on fill stiff from factory. A common upgrade to the 997.1 was to fit the GT2 standard Bar to give the driver more options on set up, this then became the norm on the GT3 997.2 from factory as standard. If you order a replacement from Porsche you will get the thicker bar as they revert to the thicker bar for all models but was never a recall.

Removed due to wrong part numbers

Difference in bars

997.1 GT3/RS 23.6 x 3.5mm
997.1 GT2 / 997.2 GT3 25.2 x 4.4mm

Ignore part numbers above you need

You need to order:-
1x 997.333.701.96 approx £250
2x 997.333.792.92 approx £25 for the pair.

Excellent info' Cunno. :worship:

Don't suppose anyone has the smaller spec .1 bar that they would consider selling? I'm trying to source one.

Edit: all sorted

I have got a spare 997.1 rear bar if anyone is looking for one?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back