Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 C4S PASM failure light

Smiffy2303

Trainee
Evening everyone .
Bit of advice on my 997.1 C4S ( had it for 2 years ) . I have just had the “Pasm failure” light come on the dash - have taken it to my indie and looks like the front drivers side shock needs replacing !!….can anyone advise of the best shock ( with Pasm ) to get ?there seems to be some after market ones out there but not names I recognise !Obvs replace both and an idea of the price .I have phoned around and no one seems to have any stock ??.

Cheers Chris

Bilstein B4

As above, I replaced all 4x corners with the Bilstein B4. This as I was happy with the factory setup, which are Bilsteins.

Being PASM they're expensive, now wishing I had passive suspension (I find PASM a bit hopeless).

Btw, you could also see whether you can get Bilstein to refurb your existing shock. Big hassle though, unless you can DIY.

Cheers ! Yes I did read that they can be refurbed but not sure how long that takes ? Was also wondering if anyone had changed / upgraded and had kept hold of them to sell on ?

I emailed Bilstein's tech manager (David McMaster) in the UK and he told me that the B4s supplied to Porsche can't be refurbished but the Bilstein B4s you can buy can be refurbished. I think from memory he said the Porsche unit are twin tubed and that's the reason they can't be refurbed. I had 3.6 C2 but maybe 3.8S's have different shocks?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back