Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 AC Compressor fuse/relay?

stupidget

Silverstone
So, I had my AC regassed a week ago and it had been working perfectly. However I jumped in the car yesterday and no cold air at all. I popped over to Halfords and they did their free check and as far as they were concerned it was fully gassed. What I've noticed is that when I switch between AC & Eco mode there is no drop/increase in revs so I'm assuming the compressor isn't kicking in. Before I start thinking that I need to spend £xxx on a new compressor does anyone know if there is a fuse/relay that I can check first?

There is no fuse as such for the compressor , B10 is listed as heater but i suspect this is more for the heater panel than the compressor .

Its activated via a relay which is in relay board 2 .. next to the dme behind the rear seats and its position 3 .

I kinda doubt it's that to be honest .

My guess .. it is actually low on gas .. i would drain and refill to be sure the amount was correct .. too low and whilst it will have gas the pressure sensor won't activate the system ... not sure how halfords did it ?

Or .. a sensor is giving an incorrect reading .. you will need a tester that can see the values of all of the temp sensors to diagnose this .. pretty quick to test though .. just a quick look at the values and its obvious if one is reading incorrect .

On the last day it worked .. any whining or whining noises at all ?

Thanks @demort I'll get it booked into Kwik-Fit and get them to regas it. I don't recall hearing anything different the day before it stopped working.

It might not be low gas but until it's proved its hard to move on .. the only way i know of checking is a removal of the gas and it will say the amount .. if very low then its a leak .. if ok .. ish .. then we move onto sensors .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back