Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 GT3 at JZM - Anyone know this car?

Marky911 said:
crash7 said:
This will give you an indication of where the market is currently at.

There have been quiet a few 96 GT3's on collecting cars recently with most stalling out in the early 40's.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2004-porsche-911-996-gt3-1

I don't watch the market. Never have, never will, but I'm relatively new to Collecting Cars so have been on there a bit lately.

I haven't seen any 'stalling out at low £40k's". :dont know:
In fact the only one I saw near £40k was the LHD Mk1, which was par for the course. Please post a couple of links.

Oh and Johnny's Polar Mk2 off here.

As Jon says there's buyers premium to be added to any sale.
Arctic silver Mk2 have always been a tough sell and the one you've linked to has 20k more miles on than the dark blue car. A summer user could own the blue one for 6 or 7 years before it has the mileage the silver one's on now.

I really the dark blue car. Much better than silver or black. Put the wheels back to silver and it will be a lovely looking car.

What's not to like for the price and from a reputable dealer.
If the quarter has had paint, so what. If the car has actually had a quarter panel replaced then that would bother me a bit but I still wouldn't discount it until I'd heard the story.

Anyone with a £60k budget would be mad not to view it.

No connection by the way, but we need to compare apples with apples. A car in a worse colour with almost twice the miles, in an auction and with no back up is nothing like the same proposition. :thumb:

Spot on here I think.

Buyer premium on CC is 6%.

There are no records for cars that do not make the reserve or do not sell, its not great PR!

To their credit CC do manage to get good prices out of cars, but outcomes vary, cars that seem good value, dont sell, then cars that dont appear value do.

996.2 circa 70k miles stalled at the low 40's did not sell.

996.2 RPM CSR car, circa 40k miles sold for £40k!! (inc premium)

LHD 45k miles 996.1, one could argue 996.1 is more desirable, sold for £41.5k including the premium in September.

A low mileage 996.2, circa 26k miles, sold for £57k with the premium back in August. - Comfort car with buckets.

Ashgoods sold 2 996.2 GT3's pre-covid for circa 52k. - I spoke to both buyers, one was blue, one black, from memory similar miles to the JZM car, perhaps a little more.

Post covid & winter, I would expect values to be lower.

If i were looking to buy now, I would wait a while, it will go one of two ways, values will continue to fall, or there is a chance money will move into non-liquid assets, 996 GT3's may benefit if this happens - Post 2008 recession saw the boom in air cooled prices. (Rolex and Banksy's are hot at the moment)

I own a GT car and hope its the latter but at present prices are softening, on all models, if memory serves me the 996.2 GT3 that didn't sell only made circa £44k inc premium, granted its done 70k miles but its an indication of where the market is at, I believe the same car was advertised at circa £55k 18 months ago.

I have no doubt 96 GT3 prices will bounce back in the longer term, however I feel there will be opportunities short term as some will need to off-load.

A mega mile 997.1 GT3 is currently listed on CC, 170k miles. - I remember it previously selling for £64k when it was around the 155k mark, it will be interesting to see what it fetches.

There's a gazillion variables out there. IMHO It's really not worth over analysing prices as you are rarely comparing apples with apples.

Find a car you like, at a price you like then just get on with owning it and enjoying.

A statistical trend line would probably be downwards right now. No ***** Sherlock. Drive the things while you still can :thumb:

Graham, get it bought....would be a nice addition to your collection ..... and a good / cool winter slag daily for your runs out to the dales ..........that touring is too civilised (and low) :grin:

Graham, talk to jkeith (first name Keith) on here....he bought a beauty about 3 or 4 years ago (I think from Paragon) with 11,111 miles on the clock....he did a lot of research so should be able to give you some tips..

cheers
John

crash7 said:
Buyer premium on CC is 6%.

There are no records for cars that do not make the reserve or do not sell, its not great PR!

To their credit CC do manage to get good prices out of cars, but outcomes vary, cars that seem good value, dont sell, then cars that dont appear value do.

996.2 circa 70k miles stalled at the low 40's did not sell.

996.2 RPM CSR car, circa 40k miles sold for £40k!! (inc premium)

LHD 45k miles 996.1, one could argue 996.1 is more desirable, sold for £41.5k including the premium in September.

A low mileage 996.2, circa 26k miles, sold for £57k with the premium back in August. - Comfort car with buckets.

Ashgoods sold 2 996.2 GT3's pre-covid for circa 52k. - I spoke to both buyers, one was blue, one black, from memory similar miles to the JZM car, perhaps a little more.

johnnys polar made around 44k (from memory)

Purple RPM CSR went for 43k but unsold (unless this isnt the one in your list)

A silver one sold on 09/10 for 54k+ premium, (reg plate EU53 FLL) - not sure if is the same one from august?

Ashgoods do seem to have a quick turnaround on cars, JZM sold the yellow hill climber in roughly 2 days.

Theres another silver with leather buckets on CC at the moment, KE04 XDJ - was that the august car?

Porschekit said:
Graham, talk to jkeith (first name Keith) on here....he bought a beauty about 3 or 4 years ago (I think from Paragon) with 11,111 miles on the clock....he did a lot of research so should be able to give you some tips..

cheers
John

Thanks John, I think I met Keith briefly on a run we had up to Kielder last year.
:thumb:

I think this is the one?

Attachments

• gt3_109.jpg
    gt3_109.jpg
    819.2 KB · Views: 3,908
jonttt said:
Graham, get it bought....would be a nice addition to your collection ..... and a good / cool winter slag daily for your runs out to the dales ..........that touring is too civilised (and low) :grin:

I think you're trying to kill me off. I'll need a much needed ICU bed on stand by if I take one of these out in the winter. :hand:

I'm too used to cars with nanny controls. I'll need some practice, and preferably some instruction, before I take something like this out in anything but perfect conditions.

That's all part of the fun though. I want that extra engagement, and from the research I've done, the 996 GT3 appears to be about the best value fun you can get. :thumb:

991.2GTS said:
jonttt said:

I think you're trying to kill me off. I'll need a much needed ICU bed on stand by if I take one of these out in the winter. :hand:

I'm too used to cars with nanny controls. I'll need some practice, and preferably some instruction, before I take something like this out in anything but perfect conditions.

That's all part of the fun though. I want that extra engagement, and from the research I've done, the 996 GT3 appears to be about the best value fun you can get after a 987.2 black edition :thumb:

Agreed :grin:

991.2GTS said:

That's all part of the fun though. I want that extra engagement, and from the research I've done, the 996 GT3 appears to be about the best value fun you can get. :thumb:

I was going to say not a car of choice for a winter blast. Great big wide tyres for those deep puddles and no trction control with weight aplenty in the back.

I took my M3 CSL out on a wet Nordschleife with traction control turned off and took it easy and still lost it at the end of Hatzenbach and elsewhere. Decided to take the remainder of the afternoon off :D .

Pip

Graham, did you see this yellow one?

Attachments

• screenshot_2020_11_02_at_111205_208.png
    screenshot_2020_11_02_at_111205_208.png
    355.6 KB · Views: 3,708
Yea my car reached £44000 on CC but a no sale. I had a few offers from private buyers but all were around £40000 to £46000. Private buyers these days are offering less than trade prices. Trying to find a genuine buyer is also very frustrating.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back