Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 GT3 at JZM - Anyone know this car?

Not that I've ever come close to ownership, 2 year service intervals isn't the most ideal history it could have. I mean come on, drop the oil every year no matter of distance. Especially on a car that probably doesn't do much pottering.

Just my opinion of course, I'd go Gen 2 too. Few improvements and harder looks.

I know someone who viewed the car and said it's had a rear quarter panel or alike.

As for sitting around, personal views are it's not the most exciting colour and the wheels in black do it no favours.
If you like it I understand there is a deal to be had...

I like it .......but am shallow and think it just looks better than the Gen1 :grin:

I like the colour as well.......it meant to be a wolf in sheeps clothing (as much as you could reasonably expect for a car that happy on track) and the colour adds to that and really suits the lines IMHO

JZM obviously know the car well so probably worth a good chat with them.......just don't turn up in the touring :wink:

Id agree, I think the Mk2 is spot on looks wise. Also good to see a slightly different colour from the norm. End of the day its not going to be crap to drive and if you look after it loose little or no money so Id say go for it.

This is my goal if Im honest, a Mk2 Cobalt Gt3 and I'll be super happy.

Daniel said:
I know someone who viewed the car and said it's had a rear quarter panel or alike.

As for sitting around, personal views are it's not the most exciting colour and the wheels in black do it no favours.
If you like it I understand there is a deal to be had...

Thanks. I might give them a call.

I'm with jonttt, I like the colour, matches my 993. And I've not seen one in that colour before. Hence my interest really.

jonttt said:
I like it .......but am shallow and think it just looks better than the Gen1 :grin:

I like the colour as well.......it meant to be a wolf in sheeps clothing (as much as you could reasonably expect for a car that happy on track) and the colour adds to that and really suits the lines IMHO

JZM obviously know the car well so probably worth a good chat with them.......just don't turn up in the touring :wink:

I'm with you. The colour makes it for me. Think it's time to make the call. :thumb:

Nice Cobalt blue 996.2[/img]

Attachments

• 9d4646db8c6243598a883b549ca3e79a_127.jpg
    9d4646db8c6243598a883b549ca3e79a_127.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 6,534
Funny colour cobalt. It rarely looks like that in the real world.

crash7 said:
This will give you an indication of where the market is currently at.

There have been quiet a few 96 GT3's on collecting cars recently with most stalling out in the early 40's.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2004-porsche-911-996-gt3-1

I don't watch the market. Never have, never will, but I'm relatively new to Collecting Cars so have been on there a bit lately.

I haven't seen any 'stalling out at low £40k's". :dont know:
In fact the only one I saw near £40k was the LHD Mk1, which was par for the course. Please post a couple of links.

Oh and Johnny's Polar Mk2 off here.

As Jon says there's buyers premium to be added to any sale.
Arctic silver Mk2 have always been a tough sell and the one you've linked to has 20k more miles on than the dark blue car. A summer user could own the blue one for 6 or 7 years before it has the mileage the silver one's on now.

I really the dark blue car. Much better than silver or black. Put the wheels back to silver and it will be a lovely looking car.

What's not to like for the price and from a reputable dealer.
If the quarter has had paint, so what. If the car has actually had a quarter panel replaced then that would bother me a bit but I still wouldn't discount it until I'd heard the story.

Anyone with a £60k budget would be mad not to view it.

No connection by the way, but we need to compare apples with apples. A car in a worse colour with almost twice the miles, in an auction and with no back up is nothing like the same proposition. :thumb:

Senoj said:

I agree with that. Looks great in photos and magazines but in real life it often looks a bit washed out and similar to Zenith Blue.

Senoj said:

+1

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back