Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Vague Steering - could it be tyres?

You must have checked the tyre pressures, but just for the record...

Before I got 17" cups, my C2 had the original 16" wheels - a little different to yours of course. Every time I drove away from the local tyre shop after getting the tyres changed, it felt like the wheels were falling off. The pressures were 5 PSI low. They insisted it was correct according to their charts.

Skinnier tyres on bigger wheels won't have the same flex, but it might be worth experimenting with pressures.

Tobesetc said:
On the tyre front I'll be going with PS4 to replace my PS2 this spring. I'd even get the PS5 if I could find it in the right size, but that prob not be possible.
What sizes are you after?

If I remember well, your OZ Racing wheels are 18" in size?

Both 265/35/18 and 225/40/18 seem readily available in MPS5. I expect to have a set in those sizes fitted by the weekend...

Another recommendation for Center Gravity from me. My turbo was transformed from being "unpredictable" to totally planted and comfortable after a well spent day having it properly sorted. You could be wasting money on bolt on braces, bushes and tyres if the underpinnings aren't sorted first.

stewart rix said:
Another recommendation for Center Gravity from me. My turbo was transformed from being "unpredictable" to totally planted and comfortable after a well spent day having it properly sorted. You could be wasting money on bolt on braces, bushes and tyres if the underpinnings aren't sorted first.

Thanks for the further recommendation - CoG is just too far for me at present so had to go with the braces and bushes.

Update - now done and set up on laser track thing now - carbon fibre suspension brace, steering brace and PU steering bushes now fitted and feels loads better - no doubt it can be improved further but for now its fine and dandy - thank you all for your help :worship: especially about the strut brace, ended up getting that fitted for nowt with the other bits!! brill!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back