Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Suspension

hunty993

Hi folks

Bit of background, my 993 was purchased by my late Father in 2004 and I inherited it in 2008.

It is currently completely stock and done approximately 85,000 miles. It has just passed its MOT with a clean bill of health after sitting idle in my garage for two years. However I think the time has come to give the suspension some love.

The car is never going to be sold by me so not particularly concerned about retaining originality, more keen for the car to drive as good as possible within the limits of a sensible budget

Car is
96 Variocam
17 inch Cup Wheels
Manual 6 speed
Tyres Michelin Pilot Super Sports (i think)

So my questions are :-

Should I keep it stock, not just shocks etc but bushes etc?
If not stock what upgrades would folks recommend? It is purely a road car
Where would you take it to get suspension done?
I have heard Centre Gravity is highly recommended views?

Any comments welcome

Just go for a run to centre of gravity and have a chat with them :thumb:

jonttt said:

A very good piece of advice.

Darthmjh said:
Jobay90 said:
BobbyT said:
jonttt said:

A very good piece of advice.
+1
+2
+3 one of my cars is with Chris this week. 2nd time I've been there. Wouldn't take them anywhere else. Doubt there's anyone more knowledgable on Porsche suspension set ups for UK roads. Tell them what you are looking for, and they will give you best options. They are happy to talk too.

hunty993 said:
Hi folks

Bit of background, my 993 was purchased by my late Father in 2004 and I inherited it in 2008.

It is currently completely stock and done approximately 85,000 miles. It has just passed its MOT with a clean bill of health after sitting idle in my garage for two years. However I think the time has come to give the suspension some love.

The car is never going to be sold by me so not particularly concerned about retaining originality, more keen for the car to drive as good as possible within the limits of a sensible budget

Car is
96 Variocam
17 inch Cup Wheels
Manual 6 speed
Tyres Michelin Pilot Super Sports (i think)

So my questions are :-

Should I keep it stock, not just shocks etc but bushes etc?
If not stock what upgrades would folks recommend? It is purely a road car
Where would you take it to get suspension done?
I have heard Centre Gravity is highly recommended views?

Any comments welcome

Where about's are you based?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back