Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GT3 RS incoming!

fridaypassion

After a bit of a search I'm looking forward to picking up my new to me 991 GT3 RS in the next week.

I have just had 18 very enjoyable months in a 458 but fancied something a little bit more robust for a summer ring/Spa trip and have always hankered after a GT3. I started looking at the gen 2 991 but found the prices didn't really make sense when you can get a 991.1 RS for the same money so I did that instead!

Finding a perfect spec one was a real mission there are lots of these cars around but I wanted a full clubsport/918/lift/ceramic spec and ones with all the options ticked are like hen's teeth!

I've had a couple of Porsches before a nice 987 Cayman and also an aircooled 911 but really looking forward to getting the 991. Will be mainly a daily driver but with a few track days thrown in as well.

Is PCGB worth joining? Not really into the supercar club thing but could be tempted into some driving focused events.

Pic!

Attachments

• 20220204_110021_181.jpg
    20220204_110021_181.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 3,405
Incredible! Keep the pics coming.

Topical as well as a member or two on here are thinking of leaving the Pork fold for the Italian fraternity.

Will be interesting to see how you get on with an RS as a daily, different beast to the 458 ........ the RS is a lot rougher around the edges for road use and I would find it a tiring drive daily to be honest :?:

Congratulations. I also picked up mine yesterday. I was also undecided on a .1 rs or a .2 non rs manual (saw your thread on pH).

I agree, decent spec at the right price is hard to find.

yk7w1Jnl.jpg

Looks awesome that one yes the full spec ones are pretty rare.

Regarding the 458 that's a lot more raggedy edged than the porsche I can tell you! A big part of the charm of the 458 is in just that it's in no way polished and you have to drive it hard to get the best out of it. Might go back that way again will see how I get on with this for a year or two hopefully I'll still be able to afford a 458 as the prices are on a real march at the moment!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back