Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Carrera 4S MPG

I think the sensible option for me is to buy a cheap(ish) diesel run around for the week, maybe an Audi A3, A5 or a BMW 320d.

Then something exotic for weekends - it makes sense really. :)

Well, if that ticks more boxes for you (esp with your young family) then that's the way to go :thumb:

If you decide that the exotic should be a 911, then tell us all about it - either way, enjoy! :)

cinders said:
I think the sensible option for me is to buy a cheap(ish) diesel run around for the week, maybe an Audi A3, A5 or a BMW 320d.

:grin: :thumb: Been there done that, it is a sensible option, I went VW Polo, VW Golf (x 3), Audi A3, BMW 320D, Mercedes C class estate and then Mercedes A class- all in the last 5 years :roll: :oops:
Big vote for the BM 3 series super sensible motor :thumb:

911Time said:
991.2GTS: I don't drive my own car conservatively all the time, so when the road beckons and the opportunity allows, I give the car its head but in answer to the OP, I fully expect he will get much better economy with a turbo 3.0 991.2 than with his Macan and provided his journey patterns are somewhat similar to mine and he drives conservatively (like he said), then he should be able to achieve c30mpg AVG in a 991.2 - with Stop-Start (if used) and the 7th speed 'Sailing Function' contributing to that, when driving conditions allow.

If anyone achieves an average of 30mpg in a 991.2 4S, which I doubt they would, but if they did, then why they bought a 911 is beyond me. You might as well buy a Nissan Leaf.

cinders said:

That makes the exotic that bit more special, then the blast across to Whitby for Fish N Chips will be a great reward, saving money on fuel to spend on food.

There's something about having a nice car tucked up in the garage for weekends,

C4Silver said:
cinders said:

That makes the exotic that bit more special, then the blast across to Whitby for Fish N Chips will be a great reward, saving money on fuel to spend on food.

There's something about having a nice car tucked up in the garage for weekends,
\

You've sold me... Now I'm going to spend hours debating what run-around to buy... lol. :)

A little motorway run in a 991.1 GTS. Sounded awesome and returned 35mpg.

This was the drive home on collection day, was wasn't wearing my brave pants!

I don't usually look at the MPG, it takes all the fun away from it. It's a car that can be driven hard, or pootle around, and when it runs out i get some more V Power.

Attachments

• cd5c5829_eea1_49cb_8355_efdfe1e2aa33_166.jpeg
    cd5c5829_eea1_49cb_8355_efdfe1e2aa33_166.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,190
gonesailing said:
A little motorway run in a 991.1 GTS. Sounded awesome and returned 35mpg

Nice! Do you have one from when you first bought your car? Would love to know what you've had since you had it. :)

cinders said:
gonesailing said:

Nice! Do you have one from when you first bought your car? Would love to know what you've had since you had it. :)

I like pushing all of the buttons so have reset it regularly. Last 8 hours have averaged 25mpg.

I think MPG isn't a measure of a car. If you are worried about consumption then don't get a 911, of any variety. You Macan will take a while for the MPG to improve, but I drive my cars anyway I fancy. If I just watched the MPG then I would push the buttons, and where is the fun in that?

gonesailing said:
cinders said:
gonesailing said:

I like pushing all of the buttons so have reset it regularly. Last 8 hours have averaged 25mpg.

I think MPG isn't a measure of a car. If you are worried about consumption then don't get a 911, of any variety. You Macan will take a while for the MPG to improve, but I drive my cars anyway I fancy. If I just watched the MPG then I would push the buttons, and where is the fun in that?

:hand: :hand: :hand: The 911 is as good if not better than the Macan, thats how brilliant a 911 is, and if you parked a Macan next to a 911, 99.9% would choose the 911 :grin:

Cinders just get the 911! YKIMS, counteract the guilt with a cheap economical diesel :dont know:

spongebob squarepants said:
gonesailing said:
cinders said:
gonesailing said:

:hand: :hand: :hand: The 911 is as good if not better than the Macan, thats how brilliant a 911 is, and if you parked a Macan next to a 911, 99.9% would choose the 911 :grin:

Cinders just get the 911! YKIMS, counteract the guilt with a cheap economical diesel :dont know:

100% I reckon. While I love the Macan, I've been itching to get back in the 911 since it went to bed. In terms of driving enjoyment, the Macan is very good, but it doesn't come close to the 911.

spongebob squarepants said:
gonesailing said:
cinders said:
gonesailing said:

Too right, the 911 is an awesome car and can do way more mundane stuff than it's given credit for. Roof bars and the big box turn it into a family weapon.

If you don't buy one you'll never enjoy the Macan, and when you get one you'll look at a Macan and be thrilled you made the swap.

The 991.1 has the drama and theatre you want from a sports car, the 991.2 feels faster but a little more subdued and perhaps too refined. Both are brilliant, both will make you happier than a Macan, so reading this and buy one, immediately.

I've just ordered a diesel Mercedes GLC 4matic to use as a family run-around. Once it arrives I'll sell the Macan and buy a 911. Probably going to go for 911 GTS. :)

cinders said:
I've just ordered a diesel Mercedes GLC 4matic to use as a family run-around. Once it arrives I'll sell the Macan and buy a 911. Probably going to go for 911 GTS. :)

Cancel the Mercedes and just get a 911, and yes, GTS is the one! Fuel consumption will improve on the Macan, and its way better than the GLC.

Just imagine them side by side on the drive, it's a sight that would make you smile every day, and you would always have the best car for the job. You can spend the depreciation and what you save on the GLC on the 911, it's pure man maths!

Would love to buddy, but I need something more sensible for school runs, etc.

I'm getting around 20mpg in the Macan, it's just too much mpg for too little driving return.

My mate gets 40mpg in his GLC which is what I'm looking for.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
white981gt4
Back