Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

4 year 40k service pdk oil change?

wilpert said:
Why is it when I ask a question I never get the answer that I want.
I mean somebody should have said, of course it doesn't need a pdk flush, do it at 60k miles. :x

But I suppose I did ask a question.

The classic Robert DeNiro line in Ronin absolutely applies here. "if there is doubt, then there is no doubt". You know what you need to do ..... :grin:

Called the indie garage today and they quoted 379 for full service plus 300 for the pdk box oil and filters. Both plus vat.
So all in is 814.

Porsche website says 950 but I'm not sure if this includes vat.
If it does I'm tempted to go Porsche route because there isn't a lot between them :?:

AFAIK prices on the Porsche site (fixed menu pricing etc) include VAT.

You will get a loan car as well :thumb:

Yes, I checked and it is including Vat so as much as I like the indie, I'm thinking main dealer is the way to go. Not bothered about a loan car, it's mrs wilpert car and she can borrow back her rangie that she gifted me when I bought her the macan. Just means I will have to put a few more miles on the bgts and use it for work for a few days.

So I called 3 dealerships. Hertford, east London and Colchester.
None of them fall under the fixed price servicing and all of them wanted substantially more than the 950 quoted.

East London wanted 1450 and the bloke said, I know it's a little bit more but you have the privilege of dealing with a London based dealership.
I nearly fell off my chair. 500 quid to go to Beckton. Ohh la la I might even pay a visit to buckingham palace on the way home.

I'm not a skinflint as I may sound but I'm not going to be ripped off.

Indy =
£85 plus vat per hr plus parts .. most of us are ex OPC .. same job .. same guys but cheaper .

It can be done as a waiting job but bring a laptop to work or keep you amused .

If the Porsche spec says at 4 years then its done at that .. that's what i follow anyways ... if at 6 then its at 6 .

Difficulty i guess is in finding a garage you can trust .. i don't have a problem with any Indy as i assume they are all the same as my garage .. but that's my take on the Porsche world ... innocent perhaps :?:

tbh i was poised to go with the indy that i have used before but he said something that made me feel doubtful..

I said I had best have the full job done including the pdk box filers and oil, so that I can get a porsche warranty if i want one down the line.

He then said, "not sure if that would work because they might want to check to ensure we have done what we were supposed to do and used the correct components and oil etc. i said, I dont have a problem that should be Ok and he sort of mumbled and made me feel that he didnt want his work scrutinised.

Maybe I am overthinking things here but if I did a job i wouldnt care who looked at at, well not if it was done correctly.

I am prepared to be told I am overlooking something here?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back