Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2021 F1 Rd 21. Saudi Arabia.

No one see the race yesterday then? :lol:

The return of Marty Wild said:
Totally, odd ones popping up for individual races didn't work for me. Especially as a ch4 man these days.

Was absolutely mental wasn't it. I think they need to lose that track.

I agree , crazy race , crap track , i cant see the value in that track at all.... only the Saudi money talking there.... and I am sure many of the drivers were gagged and couldn't say what they wanted to ......

I cant understand why Verstappen is still allowed to race the way he does... he cut right across LH on one of the turn 1 incidents, steered well left and came across the track way before the obvious safe route just to impeded LH... nothing done about it ......

He slowed in & into the middle of the track at the collision incident and then stated that he couldnt understand why LH didnt pass him ...... no 'kin wonder LH was wary ! then he shot off like an exocet missile, dont tell me he wasnt intending to do that as he just did exactly the same later on ... dirty unethical move which was seen by all as that ... Toto's face said it all .....

Sooner or later he will be involved in a very bad one , thats plain to see.... he needs censured in a big way .........

I couldnt understand why he was 'Driver oif the day ' ... and his stupid childish statements to commentator said it all ..

my tuppenceworth anyway ..!

He truly is a prize bell-end! Self entitled little baby, that's been dangerous since day one. Others move out of his way to avoid accidents which then perpetuates the problem.

Hope Lando/Russell/LeClerc put him in his place when Lewis goes.

Merge

911TEL said:
The return of Marty Wild said:
Totally, odd ones popping up for individual races didn't work for me. Especially as a ch4 man these days.

Was absolutely mental wasn't it. I think they need to lose that track.

I agree , crazy race , crap track , i cant see the value in that track at all.... only the Saudi money talking there.... and I am sure many of the drivers were gagged and couldn't say what they wanted to ......

I cant understand why Verstappen is still allowed to race the way he does... he cut right across LH on one of the turn 1 incidents, steered well left and came across the track way before the obvious safe route just to impeded LH... nothing done about it ......

He slowed in & into the middle of the track at the collision incident and then stated that he couldnt understand why LH didnt pass him ...... no 'kin wonder LH was wary ! then he shot off like an exocet missile, dont tell me he wasnt intending to do that as he just did exactly the same later on ... dirty unethical move which was seen by all as that ... Toto's face said it all .....

Sooner or later he will be involved in a very bad one , thats plain to see.... he needs censured in a big way .........

I couldnt understand why he was 'Driver oif the day ' ... and his stupid childish statements to commentator said it all ..

my tuppenceworth anyway ..!

MV has a huge orange following who vote for him as DOTD everytime.
He and other drivers have been allowed to get away with stuff for far too long,CW would be turning in his grave at the lack of control/ authority the stewards are displaying nowadays.

Frankly I've seen better stewarding on my local karting track.

However for all its faults it kept me awake which is more than some of the races this season have done!

Viewing figures for the final race will be off the scale.

the best race I have seen since the one in brazil 2007?? when Lewis won the title coming 6th....

The race showed both sides of Max. Once again he showed his brilliance as a driver eg. the move to take both Lewis and Ocon, but the OTT defensive stuff and that erratic slowing down incident were both shocking.

As for race control negotiating penalties with teams ........ wtf? :nooo:

The belated action of the stewards to give Max a further 10 second penalty for his erratic driving when instructed to give the place back to Hamilton had no bearing on the race result but at least it confirms what anyone (other than a staunch Max fan) already knew about who was to blame for the collision.

For safety surely some changes will need to be made to the circuit for next year. High speed blind corners and concrete walls have no place in motor racing at any level, let alone F1.

From a spectator point of view I think the track is great, 3 restarts, you get to see Turn 1 chaos repeat itself multiple times (I often find the start is usually the part most worth watching in F1 and half-watch after that, this track kept me watching throughout). Agree that MV's behaviour is routinely below a sportsmanlike standard, that obvious brake test was appalling to see, anyone could win a race doing that sort of thing and wiping out leading cars

So the diagnostics clearly showed that Max resorted to braking to force Hamilton to drive into the back of him......resulting in a soft meaningless penalty...... you would never ever actually brake to let someone past you .........stewardship by agreement only works when all parties play by the same rules......the gentlemans agreements of years gone by are out of the window and so regulation has to step in or someone is going to get seriously injured

What the odds on Hamilton getting taken out in the last race......would max be that bullish.....I fear so

Worrying that Verstappen might 'pull a schumacher' on Hamilton.

However in the spirit of money making I am sure the organisers will act fairly to ensure Verstappen is not inconvienced by the rules.

martin t said:
Worrying that Verstappen might 'pull a schumacher' on Hamilton.

IF that was to happen one would hope that the 1997 precedent would be applied rather than the 1994 version.

It's often forgotten that not only did Schumi's attempt to win by punting JV off the road fail, he was also disqualified from the whole season. So, if Max did resort to something desperate his 'Championship by virtue of having more race wins' might not apply.

Funny how Senna vs Prost isn't remembered in quite the same way.

I'm looking forward to next season. If Lewis can show George a clean set of heels, then I'd be prepared to say he's as good as his title count suggest.

Kenno78 said:
Funny how Senna vs Prost isn't remembered in quite the same way.

From a racing safety point of view everything changed massively after the sad incidents of 1994. With hindsight the Senna v Post events were quite shocking.

I must admit, I haven't had a problem with Max driving standards. I thought Lewis' effort at Silverstone left a lot to be desired though. Max seems to push 101% when it's relatively slow speed stuff.
The negotiations between RC and the teams seemed logical, the alternative was a worse solution.
As for Hamilton driving up the back of Max, the penalty didn't make sense to me, nor did it make a difference to the result, do what was the point.
Abu Dhsbi will hopefully be a cracker

I think Mercedes will give Valtreri his last order which will be to wipe out Max.
Red Bull can't ask Perez to do the same to Hamilton as he is never near the front. They should have signed Valteri up for next year as shotgun for Max as he is a team player

Short attention span is my problem so I had to watch the race twice last night.

First time on Sky second time on 4 and what struck me was the difference in commentary Brundle vs DC. Brundle seemed to fall on the side of Lewis and DC on the side of Max. I'm not suggesting any alterior interest bias by either commentator but more it just demonstrates that both points of views are to be taken on board given credibility by these two esteemed veterans of the sport.

Very entertaining to see Totto losing his rag and the antics of race director combined with the perceived absence of stewardship. Passions were certainly running high and rule bending from both drivers and teams were blatant.

The end result was compulsive viewing (twice for some) and a great build up for the last race. In my opinion all F1 drivers are exceptional at their sport however they find their self in the driving seat as are drivers of the other formulas and classes at professional level. I'm happy to watch most stuff going around a circuit/stage whether on 4 or 2 wheels. Bring on the next race!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back