Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best option for coil packs

Phil 997

Le Mans
I am going to do the coilpacks in the next few weeks , well the 5 that haven't been changed the other has only just been changed. are these the right ones and is this the best price ,or do you guys know a better deal £26 each plus vat.
these are the BERU ones in the new style with longer bolts. I paid £40 plus vat from my indy so now you guys have got me checking prices ,asking questions etc. I am now on a mission and recon saving £98.20 on a set of coilpacks is a decent day.

http://www.frazerpart.com/acatalog/...MerchantFeed&gclid=CJyXpLLdoswCFa0V0wodt2QJ4g

look forward to your thoughts and whether there are any known issues with the BERU ones , I am thinking that Beru is who makes the Porsche OE ones anyway :thumb:

Thanks Giff and Chris, so is there a difference between the NGK and the Beru or is it just that usual thing .. you have heard of NGK so assume they are better . :bandit: Amazed that design 911 are competitive on things like the Beru ones.

And these from Porsche shop at £16.99 inc vat and delivery the brand is EurocupGT. Any thoughts on these as these would be a saving of £186 over my indy's price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151621827713?clk_rvr_id=1018487230240&rmvSB=true

can't get my head aroud how my indy who is half the price of the OPC is £48 inc vat for coilpacks and what seems the same thing is £16.99 from porsche shop. I am interested to know if there is such a thing as a cr4p coilpack and if so are these them. :thumb:

Do the updates to the coil packs that you describe prevent them failing?

If so then it would be logical to buy the updated packs.

Giff said:
Do the updates to the coil packs that you describe prevent them failing?

If so then it would be logical to buy the updated packs.

Giff from what I have read the update is just a thicker and steel lined bolt hole with longer bolts designed to reduce the risk of over tightening and causing premature cracking.but I don't know if they have all adopted this style. :?:

I would not have a problem using the ones you list Phil.

Peru are the one's that Porsche supply for considerably more money than third party suppliers.

I swapped mine to the ones in the link I posted 2 years ago and they are still 100%.

Chris_in_the_UK said:

Peru are the one's that Porsche supply for considerably more money than third party suppliers.

I swapped mine to the ones in the link I posted 2 years ago and they are still 100%.

Chris do you mean the £16.99 EurocupGT porsche shop link or the Beru £26 plus vat link not sure which ones you mean mate :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:

Chris do you mean the £16.99 EurocupGT porsche shop link or the Beru £26 plus vat link not sure which ones you mean mate :thumb:

Sorry Phil - I bought the Beru one's from Design911 @ £139 plus VAT for 6 and they are 2 years old and no issues.

If I had found the EurocupGT ones for £16.99 I would have bought them without hesitation. If and when I have a problem with mine I will go this route.

Been a long day :what:

In my experience - unless it is a genuine Porsche part, anything you buy from Porscheshop will be rubbish!
I have been bitten three times now buying from them - Never again!! :x

symoonbeam said:
In my experience - unless it is a genuine Porsche part, anything you buy from Porscheshop will be rubbish!

Can you qualify this - anything, really?

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Phil 997 said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:

Sorry Phil - I bought the Beru one's from Design911 @ £139 plus VAT for 6 and they are 2 years old and no issues.

If I had found the EurocupGT ones for £16.99 I would have bought them without hesitation. If and when I have a problem with mine I will go this route.

Been a long day :what:

LOL TGIF thanks for that I am torn between the Beru at £139 and the eurocup gt ones at £16.99 each I am tempted at £16.99 but is it a false economy. :?: :dont know:

symoonbeam said:

This is worrying that you have had 3 bad experiences with the same retailer and the quality being poor of non OE stuff :nooo:

Chris_in_the_UK said:
symoonbeam said:

EurocupGT exhaust system for a 996 - hangars broke and seams split after 6 months.
996 deck lid wind installed - wiring pushed through the edge of a grommet instead of through the centre and wiring joined by simply twisting the ends together - no connectors or soldered joints.
997 carbon smile grill - very poor finish on the item

if the item is from a known manufacturer then probably no problems but I would not buy any of their EurocupGT items or let them do any work on a car again.

symoonbeam said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:
symoonbeam said:

EurocupGT exhaust system for a 996 - hangars broke and seams split after 6 months.
996 deck lid wind installed - wiring pushed through the edge of a grommet instead of through the centre and wiring joined by simply twisting the ends together - no connectors or soldered joints.
997 carbon smile grill - very poor finish on the item

if the item is from a known manufacturer then probably no problems but I would not buy any of their EurocupGT items or let them do any work on a car again.

Noted :thumb: having given it thought and Chris saying he has no issue with the Beru ones for two years, that's where I intend to go and not the EurocupGT ones from Porscheshop. Thanks all for your input . :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back