Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car LIft / Scissor Lift - Opinions?

Ducky

Hockenheim
Looking to install a scissor lift like this one in my new garage. Only because something like a 1 or 2 post would get in the way, so I like the recessed option.

Anyone used one of these type of scissor lifts before; and if so any problems/wish you'd brought something else etc?

:?:

Attachments

• scissor_lift_209.jpg
    scissor_lift_209.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 15,557
Funnily enough I was looking at these over the weekend online. It's one of the first things I'll buy when I get around to buying a house. 8)

Interested in people opinions on these too :popcorn:

I was looking at these a while back. Plenty for sale on eBay and some are portable so dont take up much room :thumb:

Yeah I've seen that set-up, tis very nice. I'm thinking of the split lift so I could do things like the exhaust etc if needed on other cars.

Still juggling ideas up really, as I'm not sure if I'll need a full height lift, or can make do with the lower 1m lift versions (need to maximise the living space above the garage if I can).

:?:

If you are having one, you would regret not having the full lift.

Although the 1m lift will really be good enough for most jobs.

I've always fancied one of these too!
GB anyone....... :grin:

I have just fitted one in my garage at work. It lifts to 1.7m. We haven't finished setting it up yet, that is being done next week. It certainly looks like a serious bit of kit though, total weight about 800kg. The one I have requires a compressed air supply and obviously you need to dig a couple of large holes in the floor. Originally we were looking at a 2-post lift but decided to go for this as it means we can open car doors easily when they are on the lift and when not in use it takes up no space. Cost was about £2k I think. PM me with an email address if you want a couple of piccies. I'm not on a real computer so can't easily post photos here at the moment.

MC

Here are some pictures of the one we are fitting. It is an Automotech Services AS-7330, total cost with VAT and delivery was £2250. By the time you have had somebody fit it and got the oil, bought a compressor if you need one, etc. you are going to be looking at £3k.
I'll update on the operation of it when we finished the fitting next week.
Apologies for the poor photos :nooo:

MC

Attachments

• photo_884.jpg
    photo_884.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 15,224
  • photo1_168.jpg
    photo1_168.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 15,224
  • photo2_168.jpg
    photo2_168.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 15,224
That looks great.

I'll be round.

:thumb:

If you look closely, zooming right in, you can see a speck of dust in your garage. You'll need to clean that!
:)

Does it lift on the jacking points? Have you bought a set of those "pop in and turn" pads off ebay?

I have got a single jacking pad, but I see that there is an outfit selling plastic ones where you buy three get one free, so I'll probably get a set of those. TBH the Porsche isn't likely to see it very often, it is my collection of old / knackered cars which need the work doing on them....

If anybody is near J26 M1 and needs to get the car up in the air for anything, just give me a shout.

MC

Looks great :thumb: let us know how you get on with it!

That looks very good. Skirting board in the garage :dont know: Very nouveau :hand:

Oooh that's nice :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back