Spied Again: 2012 911 Carrera shows new wheels

I agree....the new model is clearly a good deal longer, slightly wider, clearly going to me more
refined/more economical...probably faster too.
And apparently the prices are taking a hike (no surprises there)...looks like trying to appeal to
a different market..ie upmarket.
I can't see the point either...surely the Panamera is the larger 911, this
new model doesn't seem to fit the 911 ethos....small/huge fun factor/precision tool etc....?

...I think not.

The point is THIS is the new 911:

The next gen Boxster and Cayman will be bigger (almost as big as a 996), more expensive and they will have finally sorted out that terrible 911 rear engine pendulum :wink:

The Boxster will be replaced (in size and price) by the new "356" (Audi R4's sister car):

Stick a 400+bhp Metzger lump in there and I could see your point. :grin:

But there is a C&nt in Scunthorpe...somewhere and they are probably trying to throw a brick through a window right at this moment...

Agreed the cayman could be the way forwards. What we need is the 2nd generation cayman which is bigger and more powerful with adjustable suspension & decent brakes. Oh, hang on, isn't this where we came in? that's a 911 isn't it, or at least it used to be... personally i would prefer the engine stayed hanging out of the back but it had a sequential manual 'box but hey ho..

still begs the question as to which punter the new 911 is actually aimed at?

No there isn't, that's an ampersand, you're thinking of a "u".

Now f&ck off.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...