Soon be that time of year.

Thanks for the info Phil. Have been thinking about this since the weather has turned to *****.

jotaking said:
Is this smoke and mirrors??

Looks like there's an even better contender then! I still think waxoil has a place because it's thick and provides a physical barrier as well as a chemical one.. the one in that video looks very good though and is no doubt less messy!

Cheers Phil just ordered. I've been meaning to ask you about the door seal stuff for ages now :thumb:

This is a public service broadcast by the Dorset Porsche and Carrot appreciation Society.

ACF50, any instruction on how to apply is it just on nutts and bolts or on everything metal/alloy other than brakes/wheels.

CarreraMonkey said:
This is a public service broadcast by the Dorset Porsche and Carrot appreciation Society.

:floor: :floor: DPACAS just doesnt roll off like PCGB does Monkey mate sounds more like a dental plan :grin: :thumb:

silvermilnec said:
ACF50, any instruction on how to apply is it just on nutts and bolts or on everything metal/alloy other than brakes/wheels.

Yes Mate just stay clear of the hot bits like discs etc other than that spray away.

I use this stuff on my bike. Great stuff.

Can't be ar$d to do the car :lol:

Alfaian said:
I use this stuff on my bike. Great stuff.

Can't be ar$d to do the car :lol:

Ian, get a man who can to do it for you. :thumb: :grin:

Nooooooo....... To put the ACF on nothing else or we will get into a blue oyster club discussion :grin: :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Sorry for the silly question but do you just apply the acf50 as far as your arm reach under the car or you jack the car to apply it? And what are the "important" areas that you don't want to miss?

7and911 said:
Sorry for the silly question but do you just apply the acf50 as far as your arm reach under the car or you jack the car to apply it? And what are the "important" areas that you don't want to miss?

ideally remove the undercovers and spray all the pipes , joints pretty much everything avoiding the brakes and any belts etc. then put the covers back on . :thumb: :thumb:

As usual Phil some great stuff here. So from reading that I'd need to pop
It in to my Indy and they'd remove the bottom panels and do the spraying - I'm guessing an hours work or so ? Sounds well worth it - wonder why they don't do it as standard as part of a service ??

Dan

Kind of linked to this thread, and inspired by Phil to get some protection on, yesterday I gave my car an autoglym snow foam bath followed by auto glym 2 bucket wash, then dried with Gtechniq towels.
Wheels cleaned with Bilberry cleaner.

Finally then I was able to apply the poorboys black hole glaze, followed by poorboys polish & sealant.

Wow! My car is basalt and historically I have used the autoglym, resin polish followed by extras gloss protection, but the finish I have from poor boys is superb, and (I know this sounds sad) it feels fantastic!

Sorry only a crap pic but the heavens then opened - sadly before I could apply Phil's rubber lubricant, polish the glass or treat the plasitcs.

Attachments

• 20170909_141729_2_174.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,058
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...