RS replica

evodarren said:
http://www.fast-classics.com/cars/porsche-911-2-7-rs-evocation-for-sale/
Going to view this tomorrow. Invoices for £122,00 rebuild.
What do you think

Its not real, and never will be, am I missing something ?

A lot of cash, but if it's been done perfectly and it's exactly what you want - and you can afford it - then why not!

Apparently you are. Original cars are a million plus now so out of reach of pretty much everyone. If it's been recreated to a good standard and drives like the original or even 80% of the original then it's just as real to the owner. Ok so he won't have bragging rights to owning a real one but who cares? It's about a beautiful car that will be great to drive. It's about the ownership experience. Just like your replica CSL I'm sure is/was great fun to own even if it wasn't legit.

My car is a huge event every time I climb into the bucket seat, it looks and feels (to me) just as good as the original and the ownership experience is a great one. I don't care that it says Turbo on the V5 piece of paper.

I got a lot of stick over that CSL Replica, I could not see the harm in it to be honest, but this car is still a lot of money for what it is.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...