New owner - 61 Plate - Diesel

vroomvroom

Montreal
Ok too be truly honest , I didn't expect my return to Porsche ownership to be a SUV however...

Just bought one (Jan 2012 Cayenne 3.0 diesel) wife wanted something smaller and a bit nippier (relatively speaking as her current car is a Land Rover Discovery 4 **)

Not taken delivery so I can't comment on the drive yet (it arrives Monday)-

However coming from Land Rover/Audi I was shocked at the the huge list of options, many of which I would have considered as std items on a luxury SUV. The used car prices were all over the place (based on spec/options) with advice not to touch a non sat nav/air suspension car....

Car listed new at £45k std, plus £13k of extras...now 3 1/2 years old, sub 20k miles, no Porsche warranty - fully landed with me should be about 60% of fully optioned up list price.

**little less power than Disco 4, lot less weight, 1.2 seconds faster to 62mph, 25 mph higher top speed, c40% better fuel economy, 2 (some would say 2.5) less seats....

How you getting on with it chum :?:

I'm about to press the button on a 2012 model and as you say prices are all over the place with a big spread and private sales matching some OPC prices that may be a little down on all the extras but give 24 month warranty :what:

Hi Z

Ive PM'ed you back...

Update : Got the car and wife and I absolutely love it

It great in so many ways and as a bonus it was still had over 5 months of Porsche Warranty cover.

so 16K miles, one single owner, £13k of extras, Porsche Warranty and at about £6k below Porsche retail price :thumb:

45 mpg and 700 mile range.....

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...