New boots - which Michelin tyre?

Thanks for the recommendation :thumb:

John H said:
PS4S for sure - the very best tyre available... :thumb:

Just note that the only Michelins to be N-Rated are PS2's so, if you need a warranty, that's your only choice - which also rules out Super Sports... :sad:

Not quite. Cup 2's are also N rated. I have them on my 997 GTS and they are excellent. Clearly a more track focused tyre and apparently they don't like very cold weather and standing water but my experiences have been very good so far.

Edit - I would have PS4S out of choice outside of warranty. I have them on a couple of other cars and they are really superb.

Thanks chaps for your comments. I think I'll either stick with PS2s or try the PS4S. But then again, if it ain't broke and all that..

:worship:

Out of interest, what pressures are you guys with PS4S running?

PS4S: I go 1 or 2 psi higher than what the door sticker says for unladen weight. Depending on ambient temps.

That's exactly why I ruled them out... :bye:

James M-S said:
PS4S: I go 1 or 2 psi higher than what the door sticker says for unladen weight. Depending on ambient temps.

I go the other way, couple of psi lower. Ideally I'll stay just above the alarm point (dash warnings) of the TPMS.

I find the steering feedback a bit mushy if they're lower.

I drop the kids to school in mine as well, so frequently carrying additional weight.

Wear is even which shows I'm not overinflated.

Update: I decided to go with a new set of Pilot Sport 2. The main reason being; these are what I had already and I think they are fab. I've used them in all sorts of conditions and, provided I don't drive a maniac, fill me with confidence. Had the car come with PS4S, no doubt I'd be retaining those as my tyre of choice.

Cheers lads :thumb:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...