It''s 30 years to the day since..

kas750

Zandvoort
I bought my first Porsche. ld: 😊

And I've barely been without one since and in the process I've met some of the nicest people.

I love the cars and I love the people.

Here's to the next 30! :thumbs:

upload pics to img

:congrats: Ade.

It's nearly 33 years since I bought my first one but unlike you I had a 20+ year gap between number 1 and number 2.

Just seen your post on fb but couldn't respond as I'm in fb jail for posting a photo of K-Steels 2020 calendar.

Nice one Ady - I was 18 at the time and driving round in a custom flared arch, no bumper, lowered Alfasud 1.5ti in British racing green. Not a Porsche but flat 4 boxer.

:thumb:

5 1/2 years in for me, wish I`d bought one 30 years ago instead of Lotus :grin:

I love the cars and I love the people too, I`ve never met a Porsche person I didn`t get on with :thumbs:

:grin: :thumb:

911 owner for ten years now.
Thirty years ago I was in a Texas Yellow 1303S, not the one pictured but an earlier L reg.

KurlyKris 30 years ago with his home brew 88" V8 2A Landy ragtop, rocking the dungarees which I almost lived in

Quality editing. :worship:

Pics please!

The car that is :wack: :mrgreen:

pzero said:
911 owner for ten years now.
Thirty years ago I was in a Texas Yellow 1303S, not the one pictured but an earlier L reg.

A beetle is on my list ! :grin: :thumbs:

kurlykris said:
KurlyKris 30 years ago with his home brew 88" V8 2A Landy ragtop, rocking the dungarees which I almost lived in

Bet that was a beast?
Don't think I have a pic of me from back then

Ex Landrover Works Stage one V8 3.6 test bed engine, 8 Mpg, a new clutch every month, gearbox every 3 months, rear diff every 6 months, it would eat Golf GTi`s, XR3`s and XR2`s from the traffic lights to 100mph setting off in 4th gear+fairey Overdrive :grin:

And it had a hand cranking starting handle for when the battery was flat

kas750 said:
Pics please!

The car that is :wack: :mrgreen:

I never had any photos. My Spanish mate has one - he had an Alfa Sprint that had also been modified with no bumpers, fully coded, etc. in white. He has a snap of them both parked up together.

The only photo I can find online of something that looks pretty similar is this, although I had two big spotlights on the front and wider archs:

and this:

My mate's looked like this but in white:

kas750 said:
I bought my first Porsche. ld: 😊

And I've barely been without one since and in the process I've met some of the nicest people.

I love the cars and I love the people.

Here's to the next 30! :thumbs:

But do you have the Porsche Club 30 year member badge as well?

I've been a member on and off for less than half of that.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...