In its glory

I like all the pics I've seen of the narrow bodied car but that wide bum looks strange when combined with such a short overhang.

The Autocar rendering of the front looks too deep and flat compared to the test mule photos. I really hope it's just a bad guess on their part.

The car looks great from most angles. :thumb:

Rear end lower details a little fussy though.

DRZ911 said:
The car looks great from most angles. :thumb:

Rear end lower details a little fussy though.

I see you bought a GT3 - not tempted to hold out for a 992? I can see the attraction of probably what is the last of the NA's...

acamp76144 said:
I see you bought a GT3 - not tempted to hold out for a 992? I can see the attraction of probably what is the last of the NA's...
Andrew, I think the current leaked photos of the 992 show it has has the potential to be both an elegant and technology-endowed interpretation of the 911 marque.

However, since getting my first 911 about 6 years ago, I've been trying to work out what I really want out of a 911. Having driven a number of other Porsche models with all the latest hi-tech gizmos and touch screens, I have ruled that out as a motivator to move to a 992. The 992 body is certainly elegant, apart from an apparently fussy rear end and an over-crowded front end, and may well turn out to be an absolutely gorgeous 911 when all the camouflage is totally removed, but again, not enough of a motivator for me to go for a 992.

So why go down the 991.2 GT3 route ahead of the 992?
For me, it has the quintessential ingredients that I am seeking in a 911 - rawness, directness, sheer presence, brutality, communicativeness and has the ability to be both a daily drive and a weekend car. Possibly even last of its kind in respect of existing engine technology. In reality, it has delivered and exceeded all my expectations, and I just can't stop smiling. :lol:

Am in no doubt the 992 will be an excellent car, but I have already found my nirvana in the current GT3. :cloud9:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...